a couple of Cozumel questions

audekat

1. I would like to go to a beach with my son at this port. He is going to be ~20 Months old. Any recomendations for a good beach? I am open to a day pass at a resort also...recommendations?

2. We are going to be on a Carnival ship and my dad is interested in a Mayan ruins tour. Any recomendations for a tour like this?

1. Paradise beach has a new pool and changing rooms, so you and your toddler should be able to have fun there -- only a $2 per chair charge along with a $10 minimum in food/bar charges. If you want to go all inclusive check out Nachi Cocom for $49 (I think your toddler will be free) - very quiet and relaxing and also with a pool and good food. Both will require a $15 or so each way taxi.

2. Because of the distances involved and the ferry ride to the mainland, you are better off booking a tour to Tulum or Coba through the ship.

Good luck! :)

The ruins tours, even on the ship's tour, haven't gotten really great reviews. The ferry ride to the mainland is rough, the ride there is long, the time there is short, you can't climb the ruins anymore, and then you get the long ride back and another likely rough ride on the ferry. You can see the tiny little San Gervaisio ruins on the island for a sample, and a lot less time/money. If you're going to be at any ports on the mainland, you can probably get a more enjoyable ruins tour.

Thanks!

FOr the Ruins is Tulum or Coba better? which one has better stuff to see, or a more pleasent ride to the ruins?

Have not done either tour, but the folks at the neighboring table on our cruise last week were very impressed with the Coba tour. Good luck! :)

Archived