Question about OBC

mommy2tati

Here's the scenario:

I booked a weekend sailing on the Sky during an NCL promotion (50% deposit + OBC $35). Recently my sailing was chartered so NCL offered $25 OBC in addition to what I had if I rebooked a different date. So I rescheduled for November AND upgraded to a mid-ship balcony cabin.

I checked my ressie recently & it shows the OBC of $25 only not the total of $60. Is that correct? I called NCL but they couldn't give me an answer :confused:. They gave me a number to call but they're not available until MOnday morning.

Anyone have any experience with this & could maybe shed some light?

TIA

Here's the scenario:

I booked a weekend sailing on the Sky during an NCL promotion (50% deposit + OBC $35). Recently my sailing was chartered so NCL offered $25 OBC in addition to what I had if I rebooked a different date. So I rescheduled for November AND upgraded to a mid-ship balcony cabin.

I checked my ressie recently & it shows the OBC of $25 only not the total of $60. Is that correct? I called NCL but they couldn't give me an answer :confused:. They gave me a number to call but they're not available until MOnday morning.

Anyone have any experience with this & could maybe shed some light?

TIA

Do you have it in writing?

I've had reservations that did not show OBC at all and I was worried until I got onboard and found the little chits to sign on the 2nd day.

Let us know what they say on Monday.

Is it possible that you lost the original promotional OBC of $35 when you switched sailings? Sometimes, you lose OBC when switching dates if the new dates are not part of the original promotion. The only other thing I could imagine is when you upgraded to a balcony, the category no longer qualified for the OBC (i.e. the promotion was for insides and OV's only). However, your promised OBC of $25 conveyed.

Is it possible that you lost the original promotional OBC of $35 when you switched sailings? Sometimes, you lose OBC when switching dates if the new dates are not part of the original promotion. The only other thing I could imagine is when you upgraded to a balcony, the category no longer qualified for the OBC (i.e. the promotion was for insides and OV's only). However, your promised OBC of $25 conveyed.

I asked the representative that I spoke to when switching sailings if I would keep the original OBC & he said yes. The upgrade was from an aft balcony to a midship balcony so it shouldn't make much of a difference.

I asked the representative that I spoke to when switching sailings if I would keep the original OBC & he said yes. The upgrade was from an aft balcony to a midship balcony so it shouldn't make much of a difference.

That's odd. I always thought it was the other way around....the aft balconies are usually a higher premium than the mid-ship balconies. On our Epic sailing, the aft balconies are $100 pp more than the mid-ship balconies. So when you said you upgraded I thought it was from a lower category like an OV. That's the only thing I can think that may have triggered it.

But if your rep said it should come over, I would definitely mention that when you talk to them on Monday.

That's odd. I always thought it was the other way around....the aft balconies are usually a higher premium than the mid-ship balconies. On our Epic sailing, the aft balconies are $100 pp more than the mid-ship balconies. So when you said you upgraded I thought it was from a lower category like an OV. That's the only thing I can think that may have triggered it.

But if your rep said it should come over, I would definitely mention that when you talk to them on Monday.

Aft balcony may not necessarily mean aft-facing, but merely toward the aft of the ship. Mid ship is considered more desirable than on the side but toward the aft or bow of the ship. I don't know about the OP's situation, but that's what I am guessing she means.

OP, I think the suggestions here as to how it happened are exactly right, but that doesn't mean it is right that it happened, if you know what I mean. :rolleyes: You no doubt lost the OBC because the promotion is no longer going on, but since you changed sailings at NCL's request, you should NOT lose it. If you don't get a satisfactory answer on Monday, ask to speak with a supervisor. Good luck and let us know!

Aft balcony may not necessarily mean aft-facing, but merely toward the aft of the ship. Mid ship is considered more desirable than on the side but toward the aft or bow of the ship. I don't know about the OP's situation, but that's what I am guessing she means.

OP, I think the suggestions here as to how it happened are exactly right, but that doesn't mean it is right that it happened, if you know what I mean. :rolleyes: You no doubt lost the OBC because the promotion is no longer going on, but since you changed sailings at NCL's request, you should NOT lose it. If you don't get a satisfactory answer on Monday, ask to speak with a supervisor. Good luck and let us know!

Good point. I hadn't considered that it might be aft rather than aft-facing. The cost is much less to move from an aft/forward cabin midship than it is to move to a true aft-facing cabin. I guess that's why it didn't dawn on me the OP's upgrade may not be aft-facing.

Good point. I hadn't considered that it might be aft rather than aft-facing. The cost is much less to move from an aft/forward cabin midship than it is to move to a true aft-facing cabin. I guess that's why it didn't dawn on me the OP's upgrade may not be aft-facing.

I know what you mean. The aft-facing cabins are so popular here on CC (including on my part) that we often use the term exclusively for those. ;)

I love your siggie quotes!

Sorry I wasn't more clear. Yes I did mean the cabin was toward the aft of the ship & not aft-facing.

Thanks for the luck & I will definitely let you know what happens.

I know what you mean. The aft-facing cabins are so popular here on CC (including on my part) that we often use the term exclusively for those. ;)

I love your siggie quotes!

Thanks, Mooder. I see some great signatures on CC, so I thought I would add quotes that were perfect for the board.

When it comes to aft/aft-facing cabins, I have a one-track mind :D

OP - I hope things work out for you.

Archived