cooler questions

I'm sailing in 49 days....yay!:):):) This is my first cruise and I was wonding if anyone had any tips on how to "carry on" my soda and water. I'd like to avoid actually carrying it around until our room is ready. I have seen those rolling coolers that look like carry on luggage and was wondering if that would be a feasible option.

You will be stuck carrying on your sodas. Carnival wants you to carry 12 drinks per person. No longer wants you to check it in.

In the cabin we used a small cooler- one that holds 12 cans- it works.

You can put the soda/water in a suitcase and wheel it around. You will be heading to the lido to eat so lugging it should not be a problem

You're allowed to bring a small cooler... 12X12X12 inches... no larger. Anything bigger than that and they will either confiscate it or you'll have to return it to your vehicle...

As was mentioned above, you're permitted on twelve pack of non alcoholic beverages per person as a part of your carry on luggage. It doesn't have to be packed in your carry on... just brought on board as part of what you carry on the ship...

:)

Most ships will let you go to your cabin and drop off your carryons. As a courtesy, ask the cabin steward if you can do this. I store it all in the closet until the cabin is ready.

Most ships will let you go to your cabin and drop off your carryons. As a courtesy, ask the cabin steward if you can do this. I store it all in the closet until the cabin is ready.

No - you cannot drop off stuff in your cabin - they are working to clean things from the last cruise (they only have 3 hours to do complete turn over) and ask you to wait until 1:30 (most ships) to go there. On the Freedom in February they turned everyone back who tried to drop things off. Also the cabins are not locked and propped open for easy access and your stuff could easily go missing. Someone on another thread a while ago said they dropped their stuff off early - it went missing as cleaning staff thought it was the last cruisers - never followed the thread to see if more people experienced this or not. Just keep it with you

I am going to bring on a small cooler that is leak proof and pack it in my carry on. I think I am going to have a carry on with wheels devoted to the soda so I just have to drag it behind when I board.

Along the same lines....I had bought a larger cooler at walgreens with a long shoulder strap. I will hold not only sodas, but some personal things. (it will serve as my carry on bag).

Will they take that? It's about 12 x 20 inches long.

Melanie

Along the same lines....I had bought a larger cooler at walgreens with a long shoulder strap. I will hold not only sodas, but some personal things. (it will serve as my carry on bag).

Melanie

They will take it.

Carnival has not allowed this for quite some time. WHen checking in you are given a time that cabins will be available (Usually 1:30 on most ships)

and fire doors are closed in place until that time.

Common courtesy asks that you do wait until the designated time- and like the previous poster stated-- that cabin is not secured until the designated time

Melanie

• Coolers: Small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage.

You will not be able to check your cooler

LARGE COOLERS RESTRICTION:

Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its vessels. However small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12”H x 12”W x 12”L for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process; therefore, large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

Archived