3rd bed in balcony room ?

Lovesatq

Hello everyone

We're sailing later this month on the Sea Princess to Alaska and we reserved a balcony room that is setup for three people. I understand that the bed comes down from the wall and was wondering if the bed is like a bunk bed high on the wall that you need a ladder or is it lower.

Thank you

I believe this is similar to what it'll look like except one less bed:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/554476935BFthsx?vhost=travel

Oh, I always forget about the quad's being so different on the Sun Class ships. :o Yes, they are more like a long closet than a stateroom, with very little storage space and lower beds that do not convert to a queen. If I remember correctly ALL four twin beds fold out of the wall. Not the best of accomodations it has been reported. :(

I noticed now though that the deck plans reflect the fact that the balcony cabins that sleep 3-4 have non converting lower beds now. I don't remember it showing that before. So, at least passengers have a bit of a warning now that they will be sleeping in only twin beds (even in the lower beds) should they book one of these staterooms.

Driveslikemario thank you for the pictures. At least now we won't be shocked on how the room is setup. It's going to be tight but we spend so little time in our room.

DLMario: So glad you found the pictures. I tried to log on earlier, and I got nowhere.

Lovesatq: These are the pictures my husband took of our cabin on the Dawn Princess for a one night cruise. We also had this cabin back in 1999 for a 12 night Panama Canal cruise for 3 of us. I could never explain how horrible the setup was on these ships, so when we had the opportunity to take the pictures on the Dawn I knew we had to. No one had ever taken pictures of these cabins.

I'm glad you are prepared. Just so you know there will be nowhere to sit in this cabin during the day. That long narrow couch is what we had to use to store our luggage. Nowhere else to put it. I thought we had walked into a modified closet that day many years ago.

Enjoy your cruise. As you said, you will be spending next to no time in this cabin. I really think they should discount these cabins heavily since they are really sort of useless.

Sorry to sound so negative, but this cabin almost ended our cruising on Princess. It was just very uncomfortable for the 3 of us, especially when we were trying to get dressed.

Archived