Jump to content
boudecca

Owners Renting Direct like VRBO or Homeaway?

Recommended Posts

We toured The World a couple of weeks ago while it was in Port Everglades. Seemed like a ghost town with so few cruisers aboard late in the day on which it was scheduled to depart.

 

Tour guide noted ship sails only 35 to 60% full which seems a shame. The itinerary for the upcoming year is not too exciting, but the ship itself is spotless. Great day beds on aft for overnights under the stars.

 

Is there a web site where owners rent direct like homeaway.com or VRBO.com? Or do you always have to book through the

ship itself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I look at their website, they talk about the hassles of rental being taken care of for the owners, so I would say owners do NOT rent their units out themselves.

 

At the cost price of even the smallest unit, 600,000USD and the monthly assessment for food, fuel, etc starting at $20,000 for the smallest unit, the rental would probably be very high.

 

Interestingly, the units are really not owned, they are a depreciating assest in that they have an expiring leasehold. Any rentals arranged for a unit nets the owner 60% of the rental and ResidenSea the other 40%.

 

Interesting concept but just WAY out of my league!! google the world of residensea and you will get several good links.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can rent for $1800 to $2500 per day for a 2 BR. I think that includes food ...could be wrong. If you like quiet and privacy and excellent ports and layovers you would love The World. You can rent through the website or join a destination club like Exclusive Resorts which has unlimited access for a much better daily price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Explore the Night. Sweepstakes - Enter now for a chance to win win a free cruise for two with Azamara Club Cruises!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Community Contests
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×