Black Watch

On a recent Caribbean cruise with another cruiseline, we arrive at St Maartens and moored up alongside Black Watch, From our cabin, we had a good view of her outside and was very impressed, so much so we have booked a cruise on her next April, her final leg of the world cruise Peru to Southampton. So tell me, what is she like inside and what do I have to look forward to, please tell, warts and all:D

Log onto the Fred Olsen website - you will have all details - deck plans and pics of various cabin types. Also all other details. Have a great time.

Thank you for your reply, but I was looking for info from someone who has been on the ship who may have more than just publicity pictures. For example, someone on the P & O UK section on this site has lots of pictures and info on their ships, I was hoping the same would apply to Fred Olsen ships

I have sailed many times on this ship and each cruise has been a very pleasant experience.The facilties are good with comfortable lounges, a show lounge and a cinema. There is plenty of deck space and a good sized swimming pool. The staff, as on all Fred. Olsen ships, are cheerful, helpful and courteous. There is a particularly good atmosphere amongst the passengers which adds greatly to the quality of the cruises. The number of us who are repeat passengers is evidence of the ship's popularity.

Have a great cruise.

I'm also going on the black watch next year (2nd September 2012) and wanted to know what the inside of the ship was like, so did a search on Google and on Youtube to find some video's. It didn't help much, but gave me a bit of an idea what to expect.

We are returning to Black Watch this August having been in Balmoral for the last three cruises. I understand that there have been a few changes - so looking forward to seeing what has been done. The best of all is the non smoking throughout the ship policy - as there was one bar near the theatre that was a health hazard to have to walk through!

We are returning to Black Watch this August having been in Balmoral for the last three cruises. I understand that there have been a few changes - so looking forward to seeing what has been done. The best of all is the non smoking throughout the ship policy - as there was one bar near the theatre that was a health hazard to have to walk through!

I, too, am delighted with the "no smoking" rule on this ship. As you say the Pipers Bar was a defimite health hazard!

• 2 weeks later...

We are hoping to do a leg of the Black Watch world cruise next winter and very much looking forward to it, having done a very enjoyable leg on the Balmoral last winter. Looking forward to another of FO ships, bit smaller.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

we have jyst returned from Norwegian fjiords on Black Watch and thoroughly enjoyed our first cruise. Boudicca next time! We love the smaller, more personal feel of this ship. Everywhere is lovely and the staff are great without exception. Plenty of entertainment if you want it. We had a suite with a balcony and that made it for us. I spent hours on the balcony watching scenery go by. Ship is big enough if you want a variety of things but small enough to not feel a number or lost

Archived