Tendering???

We will be on this cruise in a few weeks. Technically, no tendering, but if you are just heading to town for some shopping you will need to take a water taxi or a regular taxi.

We will be on this cruise in a few weeks. Technically, no tendering, but if you are just heading to town for some shopping you will need to take a water taxi or a regular taxi.

Have you sailed on the Dream before? This is only our 2nd cruise. We did the Conquest last summer, and we can't wait!!!! Trying to decide what to do in St. Maarten.... I am trying to avoid the beach there.. With a 17 year old son, I don't care to see him "enjoy the sights".. LOL Yes, I am sure he has seen it before on the internet, but NOT with me there!!! My husband wants to do the area of the beach where the planes land.. So we may head down there and see how things are!! :o)

Just outside the cruise terminal in Saint Martin/Sint Maarteen there is the taxi/tour stand. You can get one of them to do the island tour. Our guide took us to Maho Bay by Juliana Airport. We stop for almost a half hour there. Yes, it seems you can almost reach up and touch the planes coming. We then went on to the small village of Marigot. We were there for about an hour and a half. A lt of little shops and a big open air market place. Even saw a "Coney Island Dawg" place. We then proceeded on to Philipsburg. After that we did stop at a beach, no not that one :D for about an hour to hour and a half. He then finished the driving tour and going through downtown. We could have gotten out there, shopped, and walked back, or continued. Had already been a long hot day, we decided to head back to terminal.

Hope you enjoy your cruise, and have a few rum punches ;) for us.

Have you sailed on the Dream before? This is only our 2nd cruise. We did the Conquest last summer, and we can't wait!!!! Trying to decide what to do in St. Maarten.... I am trying to avoid the beach there.. With a 17 year old son, I don't care to see him "enjoy the sights".. LOL Yes, I am sure he has seen it before on the internet, but NOT with me there!!! My husband wants to do the area of the beach where the planes land.. So we may head down there and see how things are!! :o)

If you stay on the Dutch side you won't see nudity at beaches.....we went to Little Divi Bay beach for the day and it was fine.....

Archived