Cold Creek Salmon Bake in Juneau

pattyj 1204

I was checking out some of the older posts and noticed a posting about Cold Creek Salmon Bake. I was wondering if you need a reservation to go, or can you just catch a ride out there? I saw their web site and its' video looked very inviting. Anyone have any knowledge about it? Thanks for helping me out. Pat

Thanks Budget Queen, I was trying to edit out the obvious error, but I don't know how. My fingers don't always type what my brain tells them too. I'm glad to know we won't need reservations. My husband thinks we won't have time for this outing. We are going to try to do the Tram, and Mendenhall Glacier, but I love grilled Salmon and would like to fit this in. So I'm really going to try. Thanks again. Pat

Thanks Budget Queen, I was trying to edit out the obvious error, but I don't know how. My fingers don't always type what my brain tells them too. I'm glad to know we won't need reservations. My husband thinks we won't have time for this outing. We are going to try to do the Tram, and Mendenhall Glacier, but I love grilled Salmon and would like to fit this in. So I'm really going to try. Thanks again. Pat

There is also the option of considering the closer Thane Ore House, which has superior salmon, in my opinion. With advance notice they will shuttle from the dock. They are south of the dock, 4 miles. Twisted Fish, on the dock is another good restaurant, along with the Hanger. So, if you are running short on time, and crave a salmon fix, these may be a time saving option to consider.

Looking forward to this Cruise. After our 2002 trip returning to Alaska has been top on my Bucket List. The first trip to Alaska was our first ever cruise and I loved it. Since then we have been on cruises to: Med, Baltics,South America, all wonderful cruises, wish we could go more often. I'm satisfied with going to Alaska again.

Thanks again for the other options will keep them in mind. Pat

• 1 year later...

I'm going on an Alaska cruise in June and trying to decide which salmon bake to goto may I ask which one you did and how the process was? I rather save some money and make reservations off the boat.

Either gold creek or thane ore. What are the pricing for each?

Personally I would skip the salmon bake and have CRAB in Juneau at http://www.kingcrabshack.com/

It is amazingly fresh and wonderful and a short walk just along the pier.

I enjoyed the salmon bake at Liarsville in Scagway.

http://www.bestofalaskatravel.com/alaska_day_tours/pages/liarsville_gold_rush.htm

And they encouraged you to pat the dog, a HUMONGOUS Malamute, LOL

To me the salmon on the ship compares OK to salmon but NOTHING touches the fresh crab in Juneau.

Just a suggestion depending on what you are doing at different ports and what you enjoy. I am a bit spoiled living in the PNW and having salmon whenever I want. I will add that Liarsville was my brother from Maine's favorite part of our cruise. He wants to come out and do it again.

Either way you will enjoy your Alaskan cruise.

Archived