Staircase on "Secret" Deck 11 Balcony?

I have read numerous positive reports on the public balcony that overlooks the aqua theater on deck 11. Some people refer to it as a secret balcony as it is hard to find rarely crowded.

When I went looking for this balcony on the deck plan I noticed a small, odd symbol on this balcony that looks like a spiral staircase might look on a blueprint.

For those who have experienced this balcony, is there a spiral staircase? If not, do you have any idea what this symbol on the deck plan is?

I went looking for the deck and found it just in time for the belly flop contest. :D There was no spiral staircase but I'm curious as well what that is supposed to mean on the deckplans. Maybe someone else can chime in.

I used the so called secret aft deck on 12 many times as my stateroom was right next to it. Quiet and great for watching the shows at the Aqua Theater. I wish there was a slide from there down to the Aqua pool.One night there were some loud people out there late which might have bothered some guests. Also the bright light from that deck filtered into the room/balcony at night so star gazing was limited.

• 2 weeks later...
There was no spiral staircase but I'm curious as well what that is supposed to mean on the deckplans. Maybe someone else can chime in.

So I'm not crazy. So what is the symbol on the deck plan? Can anyone else help with this? Or is there someone who is willing to check out the area who is going on the Allure in the next few months?

Haha. We watched the belly flop contest from there too. emen822 were you on the May 1st sailing? We were.

And geez had no idea there was an aft balcony on deck 7 too. Our cabin was on deck 7 and my DH and I commented that while we loved these "private" balconies, they were too far from amenities. Oh well, next time....

But as others say, don't know the symbol from the deck plan.

The "secret" door is also on deck 14 aft, correct? Do you access it portside or starboard side? And I believe that deck 14, forward, port side has an area to go and be on the 'wings'.

The staircase shown is for crew only, it is at the end of the hallway, but you have to take a small hallway off the main hallway to go thru the glass door that goes out to the balcony overlooking the aqua theater. I opened the door that leads to the stairs, and it is a gray steel staircase and it says for crew only.

Keith

The staircase shown is for crew only, it is at the end of the hallway, but you have to take a small hallway off the main hallway to go thru the glass door that goes out to the balcony overlooking the aqua theater. I opened the door that leads to the stairs, and it is a gray steel staircase and it says for crew only.

Keith

Thank you Keith.

So it's a spiral staircase for the crew. That makes sense.

It goes from deck 11 to deck 12, correct? Not between deck 11 and 10?

Thanks again for taking the time to write. I can now sleep easy.

Archived