Venice wine tour

cruisinisforme

We just returned from our cruise on splendour of the seas. Prior to the cruise we had a few days in venice and arranged a private wine tour. I cannot recommend it enough. There were 18 of us, 2 of us did not drink (one was underage and the other just came to be with friends). They served us 28 bottles of wine and tons of food. The wine was excellent, as was the wine tour and the wine! We arranged the tour thru www.tours-venice-italy.com. Their site says they only do it on certain days but after inquiring they agreed to do it for us on Thursday.

Everyone in my group loved the tour and said if we ever returned we would do it again.

We also used the company for our tour of st. marks and doge's palace, and it was definitely worth the price to avoid those long lines and having your own private guide.

This sounds like fun, I'll be in Venice next year and would like to try something like this. They list a few wine tours on that website, which one were you on?

We did the half day wine tour, but like I said on the website they say they only do it certain days, but after sending an email they said they would do it on thursday for us. She had another tour I thought looked great too, it was a wine tasting at a restaurant in venice for 25 euros and including food...next time i go i may try that one.

Archived