Online booking

beachlady60

I don't understand your post OP, are you asking if you'll be put into a group seating? Group booking? Share a cabin? Or are you booking yourself instead of going through the group booking for the rest of your group?

Please explain.:)

If I book with an online TA and they put me with a group,is that a good or bad thing? Does anyone know what the advantages and disadvantages are?

In the past I have booked with an online TA who put my reservation as part of a group booking. The advantage was they were able to offer me some OBC that NCL wasn't offering at the time, and the price was a bit cheaper. Disadvantage of booking with any TA is that you have to go through them to do anything with your reservation, NCL doesn't talk directly to you. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but every reservation I've ever had that was part of a group booking I never heard from the "upsell fairy" at all.

I've recently gone back to using a great NCL PCC, and love it. :)

In the past I have booked with an online TA who put my reservation as part of a group booking. The advantage was they were able to offer me some OBC that NCL wasn't offering at the time, and the price was a bit cheaper. Disadvantage of booking with any TA is that you have to go through them to do anything with your reservation, NCL doesn't talk directly to you. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but every reservation I've ever had that was part of a group booking I never heard from the "upsell fairy" at all.

I've recently gone back to using a great NCL PCC, and love it. :)

If you have done this a few times you also may know. If the TA is hoping to get enough for a true group booking (say they only got 6 individual bookings instead of 8), what happens if he/she falls short. Would they not have to then hope to work something out with NCL or would the poster just lose any great OBC or discount they were offered.

If you have done this a few times you also may know. If the TA is hoping to get enough for a true group booking (say they only got 6 individual bookings instead of 8), what happens if he/she falls short. Would they not have to then hope to work something out with NCL or would the poster just lose any great OBC or discount they were offered.

It's basically a contract when you book, you get what ever was offered when booking.

I'm not a TA so can't really explain how the rest is worked out....but I've always gotten any OBC or perks I was offered.

It's basically a contract when you book, you get what ever was offered when booking.

I'm not a TA so can't really explain how the rest is worked out....but I've always gotten any OBC or perks I was offered.

Good to know Got Tequila. I don't intend on booking through a TA, if anything aside from booking direct NCL I would be booking through CAS. So it was just a curious thought that came to mind when I was reading this thread. But thank you for your response.

If I book with an online TA and they put me with a group,is that a good or bad thing? Does anyone know what the advantages and disadvantages are?

I am assuming you are looking at the same agency we are that is really pushing OBC with NCL right now using group bookings. I booked and had to have an amenity added to the notes that was missed and a miss spelled name (military discount had to be done on the phone email was the first look at contract) but they were corrected quickly within time frame so no fees. Read and reread the contract if you do book.

NCL does not take any amenities away from a group if there are not enough cabins sold. As long as the OBC is an amenity that is received through the group, NCL won't take it away. They are one of the few cruise lines that honor the group amenities if a group falls below 8 cabins and 16 passengers.

So OP, if you are getting a better rate and amenity through the group - it is a plus as long as you can reach your TA with no problems.

I don't understand your post OP, are you asking if you'll be put into a group seating? Group booking? Share a cabin? Or are you booking yourself instead of going through the group booking for the rest of your group?

Please explain.:)

I was making a booking online for myself and under the price it had Group. So I'm assuming my reservation would be added to a groups reservation.

Archived