Booking Guarantee Balcony

Khepri

Thinking of cruising on Celebrity Century and booking a 'Guarantee Balcony'. Has anyone done this before and, is so, what cabin was allocated to you - did you have any problems? Did you book direct with Celebrity or through a TA?

I have done it before with good results and have just booked another, waiting for room assignment. I think in this economy that it's an excellent option as the cruise lines seem to be having difficulty filling their rooms.

One piece of advice I learned here--once you receive your room assignment, if you are not happy with the location, you are able to switch to any other available cabin in that category (C1, 2B, etc) with no hassle. We ended up with a cabin pretty far forward and were able to switch to an aft cabin that we much preferred.

Good luck! Cathy

I am tempted to book 2 balcony guarantee cabins for my family of 4. What do you think the chances are of us being close together ? My sons are teens and I need to be fairly close for obvious reasons ! Would you risk it ? The price is soooooo good !

I am tempted to book 2 balcony guarantee cabins for my family of 4. What do you think the chances are of us being close together ? My sons are teens and I need to be fairly close for obvious reasons ! Would you risk it ? The price is soooooo good !

I don't know the chances of being close together, but I just did it. You're right. The prices on the 3 day Silhouette sale are too good to pass. We also have teens and spoke to them about specific considerations for staying in separate cabins. You have to know your kids in order to feel reasonably confident about doing this. Good luck.

I booked a guarantee balcony and was told I'd get my cabin assignment 2 weeks prior to sailing. I had it the next day. It was way at the back of the ship, and since my husband is concerned about seasickness, I had my travel agent call and request something closer to the middle. It was no problem. Obviously I got an obstructed cabin, but for what I paid for a 12 night med cruise, I can hardly complain.

As per my post above, once your cabins are assigned, act quickly to make changes to two cabins closer together if necessary. So keep an eye on your My Celebrity info to watch for your assignment.

Thanks for the very helpful information. We'll definitely follow your advice. I would not have known to do this if you had not mentioned it, since we have not taken advantage of guarantee cabins before.

I don't know the chances of being close together, but I just did it. You're right. The prices on the 3 day Silhouette sale are too good to pass. We also have teens and spoke to them about specific considerations for staying in separate cabins. You have to know your kids in order to feel reasonably confident about doing this. Good luck.

I am soooo tempted !!!! My kids are well behaved and I have never had any trouble with them yet but I suppose theres always a first time !!! I would not be happy if we were miles away from each other. But the price is sooooo good...arghhhhhhhh !!

Archived