Possibilities to come from Miami Beach to Fort Lauderdale Port

Raga59

Hello, my wife and me are currently planning our next cruise with the Allure of the Seas departing Fort Lauderdale on 11 dec 2011. We would like to fly from Frankfurt to Miami with Airbus A 380 on 10 dec 2011 arriving there in the afternoon. I don't want to rent a car to drive from Miami to Fort Lauderdale but I am looking for other possibilities. Our idea is to book a hotel in Miami Beach which offers free shuttle service from Miami Airport to the hotel, then spending the late afternoon/evening strolling around in Miami Beach and to go from Miami Beach to Fort Lauderdale Port on sunday morning (11 dec 2011). Which possibilities do we have to get from Miami Beach to Fort Lauderdale Port. Are there buses or is it better to take a taxi and at least how much would that cost. Or does RCI offer services to get from MIami to Fort Lauderdale Port ? Greetings from Germany, Ralf and Gabi :)

I know of no Miami Beach hotels that offer shuttle service from MIA :( - but a taxi from the airport to South Beach area hotels is only $32+tip (for the cab, not per person). Depending upon Saturday traffic the ride takes about 15-20 minutes.

To get to Fort Lauderdale/Port Everglades from Miami beach your cheapest option for the 30-40 or so minute ride is a shuttle service; SAS (www.ridesas.com ), QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ) and others can shuttle you to the port for about $15+ per person. A taxi on the same route will run you $85+ :eek:

RCI will offer services to Port Everglades only from MIA -- if you are flying back after your cruise the RCI transfer is probably your easiest option for the return trip to MIA. Good luck! :)

I'm not sure if Steve at SAS is able to pick up at certain places but there are 2 companies that are reliable and dependable to do what you want to do.

Steve at ridesas.com and Alan at acetoursinc.com I have used both and had excellent service at a reasonable cost.

Archived