worst case scenario

MamaParrotHead

It depends.

Sometimes our luggage has come on the next flight, sometimes the next day.

On a two week cruise, my father's luggage showed up after the first week.

There's an erormous store in northern Alabama that gets their stock from the ailines, the things they never return to the orignal owner.

As long as it has the Ships tags it will follow ya to the ship, if not it will be waiting for you home if properly labled, always happens to a person on the curise, the ship passes out the word and everyone donates clothing to the couple to wear, also for the Formals they have Tuxs and Nice Dresses free of charge they can use and return when done. I seen this lots of times on Carnival.

We flew in a day early. Due to weather probs, we missed our 1st connection, so we were re-routed, but our 2nd flight was delayed due to pa system problems. We changed flights so we'd still get there same day, but luggage didn't make it. It made it around 8:30 am the next morning. We could have had airport deliver, but delivery was up until 4pm...we wanted to be on the ship at 11am, so we opted to taxi back to airport and get it ourselves. We turned in taxi receipts to our insurance. We were to and back from airport in less than an hour, which was much better than waiting around all day and hoping.

We once took a connecting flight from NYC through CDG to Venice. We made it, our bags didn't! We flew in 2 days early..lucky for us. My husband's bag came in the next morning. I wasn't so lucky..I went out and bought a dres, a pair of slacks and a bathing suit. I had extra underwear in my carry on. Went to ship, goTon..upset...but DETERMINED to have fun anyway! Got to my cabin...LUCKY ME!!! Luggage on board before me! The hotel had sent it in a water taxi! Lesson learned...NEVER pack for just one person in a bag. Divide and conquer!

When we flew in a day early we didn't put cruise line tags on until after our overnight stay, we took our luggage with us to hotel and brought to pier next day. I personally would not want my luggage hanging out at the airport or cruise terminal for over a day. ML

Archived