Sandbar Island Excursion changed for Allure?

In researching the available excursions at Labadee I have come across literally hundreds of positive reviews of the Sandbar Island Rum Rendezvous cruise. It involves a nice cruise, stops at two sandbars, and copious amounts of rum punch. The more recent reviews put the price at $55.

The excursions listed for my cruise on the Allure don't include the Rum Rendezvous, but do include the Sandbar Island Getaway, with two-hour trips offered at 10 am and 1 pm. The price is $45.

Does anyone know the difference between the well-reviewed Rum Rendezvous and the virtually unmentioned Getaway?

Did RCI crack down and limit alcohol consumption on this excursion?

I tried calling RCI but the friendly customer service agent I spoke with couldn't help me.

Has anyone been on the afternoon Getaway? If so, did you make two stops? Was the rum punch flowing freely, or were you limited to a token glass?

We went on this excursion but it was about a year ago and it was a lot of fun. Made two stops... one on a small island & one on a sandbar. You could drink as much rum punch as you wanted. They also offered various types of beers (including a local Hatian brand) for purchase.

Don't know if things may have changed since we went??? :rolleyes: I hope not, as we were thinking about taking the same excursion in November.

In researching the available excursions at Labadee I have come across literally hundreds of positive reviews of the Sandbar Island Rum Rendezvous cruise. It involves a nice cruise, stops at two sandbars, and copious amounts of rum punch. The more recent reviews put the price at $55.

The excursions listed for my cruise on the Allure don't include the Rum Rendezvous, but do include the Sandbar Island Getaway, with two-hour trips offered at 10 am and 1 pm. The price is $45.

Does anyone know the difference between the well-reviewed Rum Rendezvous and the virtually unmentioned Getaway?

Did RCI crack down and limit alcohol consumption on this excursion?

I tried calling RCI but the friendly customer service agent I spoke with couldn't help me.

Has anyone been on the afternoon Getaway? If so, did you make two stops? Was the rum punch flowing freely, or were you limited to a token glass?

I think you just answered your own question....I am sure it's part liability and part not making money with the amount people were drinking.

Steve, I agree that things may have changed due to drunks and/or economics. Thank you for the conjecture.

My main reason for bringing this up is to determine if things are different, not why things might be different. If anyone out there has been on the Sandbar Island Getaway since they changed the name, I would really appreciate a rundown of your experience.

Archived