Stateroom question - Queen Victoria

polecatfan

We have received our stateroom number for our cruise to the fjords on Queen Victoria (1.048) - this was a "guarantee" booking.

On the deckplan, there is a note against this room to the effect that there is an upper bunk.

I assume that it will be folded away - we are a 2 pesron booking - but where in the room will this be? My husband is quite tall - I dont want him walking into anything in the dark!

Thanks

PCF

Stateroom 1048 is a D2, these rooms are larger than the higher grade C1 (with a useless window IMOp) across the hallway, the D2 is not only more spacious, but the closets are placed in a better position than in C1. It is likely that you will also have a couch which is useful. For 2 people 1048 is IMO a good choice. I had 1074 and refused to move on my last trip, because it was so spacious.

The rooms on Deck 1 are also well placed for the various public areas, including the theatre.

Have a good trip.

Thanks for the extra info about the room - this is our first time on a "Queen" (although not a first cruise) so we are looking forward immensely. From what you have said, I am hoping we dont get "upgraded" now (except to a suite, of course.........):D

Stateroom 1048 is a D2, these rooms are larger than the higher grade C1 (with a useless window IMOp) across the hallway, the D2 is not only more spacious, but the closets are placed in a better position than in C1. It is likely that you will also have a couch which is useful. For 2 people 1048 is IMO a good choice. I had 1074 and refused to move on my last trip, because it was so spacious.

The rooms on Deck 1 are also well placed for the various public areas, including the theatre.

Have a good trip.

I cannot comment on the sizes of the rooms quoted, but the windows on one deck are the best place to see the sea. Especially for those with the big windowsill, assuming, of course that one is agile enough to get in there to use it as a seat.

With the danger of sounding like Dr. Ruth, size isn't everything!

WD

Fortunately I have been in both these catagories of rooms. I

n a C1 one has to stand at the window to see out, with ones face against the glass. The room itself is smaller than D2, so given less floor space and limited stand up only view, I prefer a D2 for less cost. after all I can always watch the sea from windows in various public rooms whilst sitting in a comfortable chair.

Of course I would never claim to be an expert,(having done only 16 cruises with Cunard out of the 50+ cruises I have taken) , however I do try to give helpful advice to those who ask. Sarcasm and vicious put -down remarks, are not helpful

Archived