A little help for a 2nd time cruiser??

bbryan5

Ok all, we will be going on our 2nd ever cruise (me and the gf) 5/19 out of NYC on the Jewel. It's a 9 night cruise, San Juan, Tortola, St Thomas and St Marten. Our first cruise was last year on the jewel, but it was the shorter one to Fla and the Bahamas. We didn't get to really learn the ship and all the little tips and secrets cause it was our first cruise.. Heres my question.. ANY GOOD TIPS FOR US?? I konw that the breakfast buffet is always packed, and really hard to get a seat. After our cruise last year, I think I remember someone saying on here that there is another place to eat breakfast? Or at least another place to sit? Any other little things? I'm not too worried about tips on things to pack, we did good last year, and will just bring most of the same stuff. But any other little tips that may come in handy would be GREATLY appreciated. Even if there is already a post like this, if you could point me in the right direction that'd be great aswell. Thanks everyone!

If the buffet is crowded you can take your breakfast to the Italian restaurant located next door. Great views and less crowded. Our first cruise I didn't eat for 3 days, too busy looking at everything and then when I was hungry the buffet was closed. Didn't know about the other options like Blue Lagoon. If you drink alcohol order the bar set-up. Get a balcony. Tip well. Bring a power strip. Go to the Meet & Greet. If the pool chairs are full go up top. That's all I can think of right now. Enjoy!

Ok all, we will be going on our 2nd ever cruise (me and the gf) 5/19 out of NYC on the Jewel. It's a 9 night cruise, San Juan, Tortola, St Thomas and St Marten. Our first cruise was last year on the jewel, but it was the shorter one to Fla and the Bahamas. We didn't get to really learn the ship and all the little tips and secrets cause it was our first cruise.. Heres my question.. ANY GOOD TIPS FOR US?? I konw that the breakfast buffet is always packed, and really hard to get a seat. After our cruise last year, I think I remember someone saying on here that there is another place to eat breakfast? Or at least another place to sit? Any other little things? I'm not too worried about tips on things to pack, we did good last year, and will just bring most of the same stuff. But any other little tips that may come in handy would be GREATLY appreciated. Even if there is already a post like this, if you could point me in the right direction that'd be great aswell. Thanks everyone!

The Jewel is a great ship....

A couple of good tips immediately spring to mind after reading your post.

1) There are a couple of different options for the breakfast buffet. The back page of your Freestyle Daily will show you which particular options are available for your sailing as well as their operating hours. Many people gloss over this page...take the time to read it...it is full of good information.

2) Post on, and participate in, the roll call for your sailing. Fellow cruisers, especially those who will be on the same sailing as you are, can be one of the best sources for information and ideas.

3) Make it a point to attend the Cruise Critic's Meet & Greet (this will be set up by someone on your Roll Call). Take the time to talk with and get to know the officers/crew (as well as the other roll call members) who attend. The little bit of time you spend will pay off in spades later...

4) You will repeatedly hear "Please notify us of problems while you are onboard, don't wait until you go home to say something". The crew isn't just parroting the company line...they really do want to have the chance to address your issues (if any) onsite. Don't hesitate to take them up on the offer...its always a better vacation when things are addressed right away!

Breakfast: Go through the buffet area to the stern of the ship...The Great Outdoors....there is covered and uncovered seating there and a good-enough separate buffet food selection. Or...get your food in the regular buffet and take your plates to the Great Outdoors.My favorite place to eat breakfast on the NCL ships that have one.

Archived