Shopping Questions

Hello, Sailing on the Zuiderdam next Friday (woo-hoo), and I have a few shopping questions.

1) We're in St. Thomas until 9:00. Approximately what time do the stores and vendors close?

2) Nassau until 8:00. Same question: How late are the stores and straw market open? Last time I was at the STraw Market I didn't feel 'extremely' safe and that was during the day. Anyone have experience with shopping here after dark?

3) Finally, silly question..... do I need to bring any money ashore in Half Moon Cay? Hair braiding? Anything like that here??

Thanks in advance,

Cheryl :)

Hello, Sailing on the Zuiderdam next Friday (woo-hoo), and I have a few shopping questions.

1) We're in St. Thomas until 9:00. Approximately what time do the stores and vendors close?

They were closing at 5pm but stayed open till 6pm to serve the ships.

2) Nassau until 8:00. Same question: How late are the stores and straw market open? Last time I was at the STraw Market I didn't feel 'extremely' safe and that was during the day. Anyone have experience with shopping here after dark?

I dont know but I dont think I would shop there at night!

3) Finally, silly question..... do I need to bring any money ashore in Half Moon Cay? Hair braiding? Anything like that here??

No, they dont take cash, just your sign and sail card :)

I don't think Zuiderdam docks at Havensight but if it does, the shops there may stay open late if the ship stays late. I think you would be safe shopping there.

I would not shop downtown St. Thomas at night and doubt the stores would be open anyway. I think there could be some safety issue after dark.

I also would not be shopping in the Straw Market of Nassau after dark. They have built a new Terminal in Nassau that you must pass through in order to exit the dock area and to return. Those shops, undoubtedly, will remain open until the ship leaves. You would be safe shopping there.

I think that on HMC that hair braiding and some other stuff takes cash. I know if the post office is still there that you have to have cash for stamps.
oooops GrammyPL, your right I forgot about the post office and hair braiding eeeks :)

I'm sailing on the Zuiderdam 4/23/05 and our St. Thomas departure time is listed as 6:00pm. Joe V.

Serenade of the Seas 12/31/05

Zuiderdam 4/23/05

RCI - 2 times

Princess - 3 times

QE2 - 1 time

Royal Majesty - 1 time

Carnival - 1 time

I'm sailing on the Zuiderdam 4/23/05 and our St. Thomas departure time is listed as 6:00pm. Joe V.

Serenade of the Seas 12/31/05

Zuiderdam 4/23/05

RCI - 2 times

Princess - 3 times

QE2 - 1 time

Royal Majesty - 1 time

Carnival - 1 time

A fax that I just received from HAL via my TA concerning a departure change from Tortola showed a departure time from St. Thomas of 11:00pm.

Richard

Archived