The Upgrade Fairy has Arrived!

ca2ga2000

Well, Mom & Dad just got upgraded to a Mini-Suite for our cruise on the Diamond in 3 weeks! Actually, it was my husband's and my room that "officially" received the upgrade, but since Mom & Dad are paying for this family trip, we swapped with them. Now, with 3 weeks left, we're hoping to receive an upgrade to a mini too :)

I think the reason the one room was upgraded was because it was a "quad" occupancy balcony room (which there are very few of).

The downside to this is that it broke up our 3 balcony cabins that we had booked in a row, meaning that we can no longer open the dividers to have a continuous balcony Of course, the middle room got the upgrade...

Anyway, no worries - we will be ON A CRUISE!!!

Has anyone else had a visit from the upgrade fairy lately???

Not a great upgrade but I was able to have my sister's three cabins upgraded from Cat. L inside guarantee to Cat. F outside partial view. Cruising the CP in April. I had complained because I had nicely asked for three cabins together and didn't receive it for them. I had our travel agent asked again a couple of days ago because there were still cabins available together. That is when we received the Cat. F. Also the price had come down and they all received $120.00 onboard credit. Not a bad deal. My hubby and I did not receive anything as our mini-suite did not go down in price. We were happy fro them. It just took a little checking around...

Congrats on the upgrade!

I booked my first guarantee on my upcoming Grand Princess cruise. I needed affordable this time around, so I went with the cheapest obstructed view category HH. About a week later I checked the Personalizer on the Princess site and I had been upgraded to a category D unobstructed view. That's what? An 8 category upgrade? I was happy. I love that it's unobstructed. It's lower on the ship than I'd liked to have had, but I'm not complaining! :D

For my December Grand I'll be booking a specific BB category cabin and I'll mark it no upgrade. Then onboard in April I'll also be booking next years Grand repositioning cruise Galveston-Rome (assuming they do it next year) and I'll probably book either a specific BB cabin (I love the larger Caribe deck partially covered balconies) or a Balcony GTY, depending on pricing. Although for that one I'd be happy with a small inside cabin, just to be able to do it :o

LES!

Archived