Toddler on board

BlueVinney

We will shortly be travelling on Queen Victoria with a 1 year old toddler in the party. We would like to be able to prepare feed bottles for him in our cabin, using a low-power travel kettle.

Will Cunard allow us to bring a kettle with us for this purpose? Is there a better way of preparing bottles of baby milk?

Any information will be very welcome.

We will shortly be travelling on Queen Victoria with a 1 year old toddler in the party. We would like to be able to prepare feed bottles for him in our cabin, using a low-power travel kettle.

Will Cunard allow us to bring a kettle with us for this purpose? Is there a better way of preparing bottles of baby milk?

Any information will be very welcome.

I would suggest that they might object because of the fire and safety risk but I recommend that you request a flask of hot water from room service and warm the bottle in a jug using that to do it.

From Cunard's FAQs:

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/fleet/Kettle

Can I bring a kettle with me?

Hot water can be obtained on board and due to health and safety reasons we would discourage you from bringing a kettle.

If you are bringing a kettle, please make this known when boarding the ship so that the appliance can be tested.

Would a baby bottle warmer come under the same restrictions?

http://www.mothercare.com/b/42861041/ref=sr_nr_n_2/279-0032699-0483175?_encoding=UTF8&rs=42861041&mcb=core&rh=n:42861041,n:44557031&page=1&extid=ps_ggl_Feeding-Generics_General+/+Bottle+Warmers_babybottleheater&gclid=CKCtk-TbgakCFUFC4QodvEI4Rw

When I took my 9month old the cabin steward would fill the bottles from the pantry. They have a hot water boiler similar to those in the Lido. I then made all the bottles for the day and left them to cool in the cabin and then put them in the fridge. I would also ask the cabin steward to put the bottles/cups/bowls etc in the dishwasher for me after I had rinsed them out. If your little one still has their milk warm then take a bottle warmer and ask at Reception for it to be checked as soon as you get on or use a jug of hot water. The staff in Lido will also get you this if you dont want to have to go back to your cabin to warm a bottle.

High chairs are available in the main dining room and the Lido just ask any of the waiters. I've also seen them in the Golden Lion Pub. All the crew are really helpful so if you need anything just ask.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Thanks everyone for the swift responses. Thanks especially to MrsNobby for the practical experience of 'been there done that'.

Glad to see Capnpugwash you've safely returned from your B2B TA. We've all been entertained by reading the thread of your life aboard QM2.

Archived