Transfer question LAX - San Pedro Port

hsb5956

I remember way back my last time on Carnival 2001 Carnival NYC airport to ship transfers into NYC Port were not great the only other ship transfers I have taken were overseas and I had communication with the transfer companies directly being I had day or 2 advance arrivals and had to negotiate were to meet the greater at the airport. On my November coming MX cruise will arrive in LA 2 days early was planning on staying near LAX and take the Carnival supplied transfer to San Pedro Port the morning of the cruise. Carnival told me they do not need flight times for arrival being you meet the greeter and they have buses waiting at specific times through out the day..... this sounds sort of unconvincing?

Smooth Sailings

HSB5956

We used Super Shuttle from LAX, and Carnival's shuttle on the return. Carnival won that round. SS took twice as long, as we had to stop and pick up other people, where Carnival left 10 minutes after we loaded, and drove us straight to LAX. It was very nice with Carnival.

My research thus far transfers LAX - San Pedro Port

I guess one can not get around a wait no matter what with transfers.

Some one online pointed out that the benefit of the Carnival transfer is the return being other vans are shared ride vans potential stops when the Carnival Transfer is non stop to LAX and pulls out as soon as it is full off the boat.

No mater what when as cab departs from LAX they get you with extra fees and taxes so plan on at least $38.00 - $50.00 fare minimum others have suggested.

Share van such as Prime Time Shuttle Google them they are a reliable shuttle company used them prior in LA but not to a port LAX - hotel the price they give with a 7% online purchase discount they are less then Super Shuttle Prime Time Shuttle $16.00 one way.

Carnival's transfer LAX - San Pedro Port one way $26.00

Sounds like Prime Time Shuttle is the winner cost wise they do reserve pick up time

We used Super Shuttle from LAX, and Carnival's shuttle on the return. Carnival won that round. SS took twice as long, as we had to stop and pick up other people, where Carnival left 10 minutes after we loaded, and drove us straight to LAX. It was very nice with Carnival.

I'm thinking Carnival's return to LAX was probably smoother since they had a captive audience (all the cruisers getting off the ship) and therefore the van was full - no need to stop and pick up people.

My research thus far transfers LAX - San Pedro Port

I guess one can not get around a wait no matter what with transfers.

Some one online pointed out that the benefit of the Carnival transfer is the return being other vans are shared ride vans potential stops when the Carnival Transfer is non stop to LAX and pulls out as soon as it is full off the boat.

No mater what when as cab departs from LAX they get you with extra fees and taxes so plan on at least $38.00 - $50.00 fare minimum others have suggested.

Share van such as Prime Time Shuttle Google them they are a reliable shuttle company used them prior in LA but not to a port LAX - hotel the price they give with a 7% online purchase discount they are less then Super Shuttle Prime Time Shuttle $16.00 one way.

Carnival's transfer LAX - San Pedro Port one way $26.00

Sounds like Prime Time Shuttle is the winner cost wise they do reserve pick up time

Check out karmel dot com. They offer a LAX to San Pedro port for 43 bucks for two people in a private van.....no circling the airport picking up others like Prime Time or Super Shuttle. My GF and I are booked on them for our cruise in September. They will also do a port back to LAX and will probably discount it if you're booking a round trip. We're going on a 830-430 LA city tour post cruise for only 79 bucks through sunseeker tours. And they'll drop us off at our LAX area hotel afterwards. Food for thought if you're staying overnight post cruise or if you have an evening flight departure.

Archived