AQ Pillow Menu?

fussylady

Can anyone please describe to me what this pillow menu consists of? I'm sure it means some of the pillows are firmer or softer. What types of pillows are offered and how many different types are offered?

At home, DH uses special curved pillow for neck soreness. We have a smaller version we use for travel.

But I'm wondering if anything like this is offered on the "pillow menu" so that we wouldn't have to pack our own.

Thanks.

We were in AQ on 4/10/11. asked the steward about the pillow menu and he just pointed the sofa and said all of your pillows are there, just use the one you want. There were some that were may be a different shape but we didn't really get to excited over any and just used whatever was on the bed after it was turned down. We just considered it to be useless fluff that is used to sell AQ.

The fresh flowers were the same and never changed.

The scented fragrance was annoying and irritating and we asked for it to be removed

Tea was left in a metal or glass carafe and was usually luke warm.

Access to the spa was a nice perk but only used it a few times. Too many other nice areas on the ship to relax in

Shower was a nice novelty.

Binoculars and umbrella use was there but never used them.

slippers were one size, super large.

fresh fruit was there but too many other things available.

Appetizers weren't worth waiting for, as you had to be in the cabin when delivered.

Bottled water was left but don't use the large bottle because you will be charged. We usually drink tap water and find the ship water adequate. The bottles were nice to have as a convenience.

Blu was the best feature and for us the large overhang of the balcony as we don't like the sun beating on us because my wife did have skin cancer.

Here's a pic of what we found on our bed upon first entering our AQ cabin: (total of 8 pillows: 2 firm, 2 soft, 2 large Euro sized decorative-sham pillows, and 2 small 'sofa' pillows)

IMG_0288.jpg

We asked about other options from 'the pillow menu' (there is not specifically a paper menu) and the steward replied, "Just tell me what you want, and I will provide it for you!" My BF wanted one of those memory foam-type pillows, and I wanted to see what else they had. (To my knowledge, however, I don't think they have a u-shaped or curved pillow.)

That night, here's what we had at turn-down: (COUNT 'EM ... a total of SEVEN sleeping pillows... the other 4 decorative were on the sofa)

IMG_0317.jpg

They also have a HUGE fluffy body pillow, which we tried out on a prior AQ cruise. But there wasn't enough room for all of us in the bed, LOL! So we gave that one back...

Also, on our last Eclipse cruise I also had told the Steward not to remove the life jacket that I would be putting under the end of the mattress (to elevate my legs while sleeping to prevent ankle swelling)... and he replied "oh no, don't do that... I will take care of it for you... Don't put the lifejackets under there."

That first night we came back to the cabin not only with the seven pillows shown above, but also with the body pillow tucked neatly under the foot of the mattress! And there it stayed for the duration of our cruise.

The second night (after I had unpacked my own pillow :eek:-the blue one) here's what it looked like! (also notice the raised bulge at the foot of the bed!)

IMG_0310.jpg

As for Miched's disappointment with some of the other AQ perks... I would disagree on several of his comments. Our experiences in AQ have been different (flowers changed and added to, roses in the bathroom, extra water bottles chilled in the fridge, shrimp cocktail & cheese/crackers daily without being there, fabulous/fav perk of the Persian gardens, extra binocs, etc etc)... but that's not for this thread...

I was in an AQ cabin in April, and completely forgot about the pillow menu. I started using an "I love my pillow" (memory foam) a year ago and actually bring it with me wherever I travel.

They may have recently changed the daily canape service. You have to fill out a form every day if you want them to be delivered, and you have to be in your cabin when they are delivered. I never found them to be worthwhile enough to have my afternoon nap disturbed ;)

We were in AQ on 4/10/11. asked the steward about the pillow menu and he just pointed the sofa and said all of your pillows are there, just use the one you want. There were some that were may be a different shape but we didn't really get to excited over any and just used whatever was on the bed after it was turned down. We just considered it to be useless fluff that is used to sell AQ.

The fresh flowers were the same and never changed.

The scented fragrance was annoying and irritating and we asked for it to be removed

Tea was left in a metal or glass carafe and was usually luke warm.

Access to the spa was a nice perk but only used it a few times. Too many other nice areas on the ship to relax in

Shower was a nice novelty.

Binoculars and umbrella use was there but never used them.

slippers were one size, super large.

fresh fruit was there but too many other things available.

Appetizers weren't worth waiting for, as you had to be in the cabin when delivered.

Bottled water was left but don't use the large bottle because you will be charged. We usually drink tap water and find the ship water adequate. The bottles were nice to have as a convenience.

Blu was the best feature and for us the large overhang of the balcony as we don't like the sun beating on us because my wife did have skin cancer.

On my last AQ cabin, on the first day, I asked for cheese & crackers instead of the normal canapes. They were delivered each day whether I was in my cabin or not. When I wasn't in there they had put saran wrap over them to keep them fresh. On long days it was nice to come back to a snack.

On all of our AQ cruises on the Equinox, we have received shrimp cocktail instead of the canapes. Addtiionally, the tea is ice tea; and, we found that it was just fine. We received bottled water everyday, without charge. The pillow menu was very nice; and, we chose isotonic.

Archived