Need help with transportation from Bush to Galveston

bxh165

This is my first time sailing out of Galvestonl. Did not realize that the airport is approximately 1.5 hours from Galveston. Also, looked into renting a compact car and drop off in Galveston a one day rental was going to cost me $242.00. Does anyone have any suggestions on transportation or can recommend a shuttle service. I hear that a taxi may cost up to $150 and that a shuttle could take 3.5 hours to get to Galveston because of all the stops. PLEASE HELP, NEW TO THIS PORT. THANKS

There are several threads active here with discussions on transportation from Houston airports (IAH/Bush, HOU/Hobby) to Galveston. Those of us in the area realize that this is a problem and are hoping that someone in Galveston (city??, port?? entrepreneur??) will jump in and provide simple and cost effective ways to get cruisers to their ships.

This is my first time sailing out of Galvestonl. Did not realize that the airport is approximately 1.5 hours from Galveston. Also, looked into renting a compact car and drop off in Galveston a one day rental was going to cost me $242.00. Does anyone have any suggestions on transportation or can recommend a shuttle service. I hear that a taxi may cost up to $150 and that a shuttle could take 3.5 hours to get to Galveston because of all the stops. PLEASE HELP, NEW TO THIS PORT. THANKS

Check with cruise line or your ta for a shuttle service. IAH is about 70 miles (as a crow flies) from Galveston. Hobby - approximately 40.

My wife and I booked a private sedan from one of the limo company's two years ago when we went. I don't remember the name, and it was by far the best price I could find, and I remember it was the only limo company there that was affordable in doing so. Wish I could remember the price and company, the only thing I remember was that is was a little bit cheaper than going with the cruise ships transport. Hope this helps!

Try Super Shuttle from IAH

As one who has cruised with friends who've arrived and departed via IAH (we live about 45 minutes from Galveston), and who has researched the issue extensively, your best bet is actually the cruise line transfer. It's the least expensive (somewhere in the $65/pp range each way ... depends on the line), and you're guaranteed not to miss the ship (yes, there have been breakdowns of private vehicles). Even on weekends, Houston traffic is unpredictable ... the infrastructure is basically a freshman civil engineering project gone bad. Sure, you'll probably have to wait a while before you take off for Galveston, and it may not be the most glamourous mode of transportation ... but you'll get there, and will save some money. Have a great cruise!

Al

We are flying in two days before hand, so we cannot use the cruise transfers. We booked the transfers for the return to the airport and it cost 40 pp well worth with. Still not sure what mode of transportation we will use to get from Houston to Galveston, I know car rental is out, carnival transfers is out. So, I guess I will keep looking. Does anyone know what a taxi would cost. I read on a board that someone used a shuttle and it took them 3 1é2 hours to get to Galveston. I would sooner pay alittle more and get to galveston in a hour, if that is possible. Thanks for all the replies, really appreciate the help.

We are flying in two days before hand, so we cannot use the cruise transfers. We booked the transfers for the return to the airport and it cost 40 pp well worth with. Still not sure what mode of transportation we will use to get from Houston to Galveston, I know car rental is out, carnival transfers is out. So, I guess I will keep looking. Does anyone know what a taxi would cost. I read on a board that someone used a shuttle and it took them 3 1é2 hours to get to Galveston. I would sooner pay alittle more and get to galveston in a hour, if that is possible. Thanks for all the replies, really appreciate the help.

www.supershuttle.com

plug in your dates, number of people and destination

• 5 months later...

Archived