Price of Jitneys

spohttey

I saw something on TripAdvisor which caused me to wonder whether the fare to ride the jitneys has gone up from $1.25 to $1.50 pp. Can anyone tell me whether the fare has recently increased? I just want to be sure that I have enough quarters when we catch a ride on a jitney later this summer.

I saw something on TripAdvisor which caused me to wonder whether the fare to ride the jitneys has gone up from $1.25 to $1.50 pp. Can anyone tell me whether the fare has recently increased? I just want to be sure that I have enough quarters when we catch a ride on a jitney later this summer.

Most routes are $1.25. Most tourist use the #10 to get back and forth to Cable Beach.

If you stay on and take a round trip route, you should pay $2.50

The Western Transportation Bus, which goes out to Travelers Rest/ Compass point etc is more expensive. I think it's either $2 or $2.50.

You shouldn't need anything more than the #10 to cable beach.

Its about a half mile walk from the cruise terminal to the stop. There are shorter ways, but this is a fool proof way to get there.

Exit the cruise terminal and go right. Walking along the water until you get to a dead end (Senor Frog is right in front of you) go left (only way you can go). You will walk maybe 100 yards and you will reach the end of the pedestrian only area. You will want to go left at the first road after the pedestrian only area. The first road on the right will be where the jitney stop is located.

When you get on the jitney tell the driver where you want to go. Pay at the end of the trip (1.25) most drivers will not give change, and USD is accepted.

Where to you catch the jitney from the port?

It's 5 blocks from port. Go Straight 1 block to Bay Street, turn right, walk 4 short blocks to George Street. You'll see the jitney's lined up.. going up the hill

here'a link..

There's a map at the bottom of the page.

#12 is where the jitney loads on George Street.

http://www.*****.com/nassau

Archived