***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Sharon, finally yesterday after I came home form work I could not take it anymore. So I went back out and went to the CVS Minute Clinic and found that I was running a 102 temp. So she gave me some antibiotics so hopefully I will start to feel better soon.

Warming up a little each day. The lake across the street started to freeze, and now is thawing again. Some of the geese are in the water and some are standing on the light ice.

It looks like the business will stay open on Saturday as they run short hours only until 2. Most of the employees who work on Saturday did not know the father and had little knowledge of the family.

Kathy

Kathy, I don't know how you kept going with a temp that high, didn't you ache all over? Thats usually how I can tell, all my muscles and joints ache. Did you stay home today to rest up? Sure hope it kicks in soon for you. Do you plan on going to the service or luncheon for your old boss?

I went to Zumba today, it really helps my frame of mind to get out and talk to people. Unless I go to the store, I do not see or talk to anyone. Although my sister called today, her son is having some type of surgery tomorrow in Chicago on a heart valve. Anyway, the regular Zumba teacher has gotten too busy at Grand Geneva, they have given her more and more classes to teach. So one of the gals that had been coming to the class and is certified has taken over. She is not as good, but she tries really hard so I guess it will be alright. She is not certified to teach with the weights so we have not been using them.They were saying that they have a zumba tone class in the same park building, think it is on Tues, may go to that one of these days to try it out.

It is nice outside, comparativly speaking, for winter. I think I will take Tinker for a walk, or she will just sleep all day. Last time I went, the guy down the road started shooting at something, that was around three so I better get going before then.

Take care and get better, Sharon

Sharon, no I am still working. I just felt like crap and just could not take it anymore. So that was what prompted me to go. I will go to the wake on Friday afternoon and then meet them at the church on Saturday and then go to the lunch. Yes, I have become very close to the family over the years. Being a part of the business for 28 years yes, I have a long standing relationship.

Now this instructor is she the lady who was left all on her own and her business was about to fail. If this is the same women, then she has really done alright for herself. Good for her. I agree getting out and exercising is the best way to keep a positive frame of mind. Keep it going and you might as well try the other class on Tuesday.

Today is a real nice day to go outside for a walk with the temps being so mild for this time of year. What is wrong with that guy shooting. Is he the same one you are having trouble with the fence line?

Enjoy, if I felt better I would be out as well. The med's have not really kicked in yet. I still feel like crap.

Kathy

Yes, if the ship is only 1/4 filled, wonder how low the price will go. I did look at the boards for that sailing and no one really seems too upset about it. I certainly would be. I guess it is that law they were talking about that makes the ship unable to leave from the US and return to the US.

The guy who shoots is a young guy, I thought he was old enough to have a job by now, last I had heard a while back he was going to the Community College. Maybe he just had a day off, I haven't heard the shooting again. And I do plan on going for a walk as soon as I get this posted. Funny, even the water in our bird bath has unfrozen. Better watch out or your fish will wake up! THe guy that bothers our trees is a kinda middle age guy, been thinking about writing him a letter and telling him about the new fence, haven't decided yet if I or just let him see it when he starts to plow.

Bills DS and his SO have split up and each now has a new SO. This is going to be a mess with the 7 year old who doesn't talk or go to school, will be interesting to see who wants her, she has become quite the brat she makes faces at people and likes to kick them now. No discipline what so ever and now she is getting way too big to act like that.

Oh well, they will have to work it out, I'm sure they don't care what I'd have to say, ha ha!

Hope the meds kick in and get you feeling good again! I'm off for the walk!

Sharon

Sharon, this infection got such a hold on me it is taking longer to kick it. The past few days have been hectic with the wake yesterday and the mass today. Tonight we are invited to a couple's house for a party. We know these folks form the club.

Bill never really did any research until about a week ago about Mexico. The more he read the worse everything sounded. PVSA I think it is called is the reason a ship has to stop in a foreign port before returning to the US. In this case this is the end of a reposing cruise and it was advertised as a one way cruise. After this cruise then the ship leaves and returns to SAN after going to Hawaii. However it makes a 4 or 5 hour stop in Mexico before returning to SAN. I think if they had it to do all over they would have ended the cruise in SAN as I do not see them filling the ship up unless they give it away. Bill read that some people said if they gave them the cruise for free they would not take it because of the Mexico experience.

Wow, such a shame about them breaking up. It sounds like a crazy situation. It also sounds crazy as well about this neighbor guy as well. I am not going to say anything about what you should or should not do. But you do have to do something to protect your property line, as this guy sounds like he just does not respect your interests. Another nice day. Let's enjoy it while and as long as it lasts.

Kathy

I forgot to answer you about the Zumba instructor. Yes she is the one that had to close her business and has done so much better for herself now. Not only a paycheck she can count on but benefits included as well and a very nice social life to go along with it too. There is always something going on at the Grand Geneva and sometimes she gets to be part of that as well. So it was a good move for her.

Hope you have a good time tonight, sometimes its helps to get out and talk with people and have a good time, boosts your immune system. Along with the meds you should be feeling better in no time ( I hope).

At the house I just sold this past summer I also had a kid across the road that liked to shoot, guess that goes along with living in the county, no law against it. At least the kid down the road here doesn't do it often, but it is aggravating when you want to go for a walk, Tinker hates it, and wants to head for home right away.

I was thinking about going to a memorial service this afternoon for the vet we used for years when we had the horses. However I talked myself out of it and went for a long walk instead. He was so well known, I figured they would have enough people there without me.

Nice day again today, love the sunshine,

Sharon

Hi Sharon I sent you a message on FB you can share with Kathy.... Hi Kathy, I hope you feel better soon, this really has a hold on you.

It's late talk to you both later.

Dianne

Hello Dianne! I just noticed you are going on the Star to Hawaii! Norm and I just booked Alaska on the Star! I look forward to hearing about your trip ! Happy new year!

Julia

Sharon, I am so glad that everything has worked out for your Zumba instructor. We got home at 11 pm on Saturday and we had a real nice time with everyone. The antibiotics are starting to kick in but they are messing up my stomach. With the type of infection I got and with it taking such a hold on me, it is still going to be awhile before I get this under control.

How was your weekend and what did you do?

Kathy

Even though you are not over it, as long as you are starting to feel better thats something! Just keep on taking the meds and take it easy for a while. My nephew is having something by his heart replaced tomorrow down in a Chicago hospital. THis is the 3rd time they have him scheduled so hope its a go this time. First time was something wrong with his teeth, second was last weekend and the hosptial had trouble with their air conditioning. He is 49 so its getting to that age where things start to go wrong.

We had a very low key weekend, only thing we did was to go uptown for a bite to eat on Sat night. Watched the football game last night, a real doozie at the end.

Not much else going on, just hoping they are wrong about the snow on Wed/Thurs. We really don't need it, I'm very happy with the way the weather has been going!

Sharon

Sharon, I hope all goes well for your nephew tomorrow. I am keeping a low key for awhile to try to kick this thing. I just hope Bill does not catch it as well. You and me both are with the weather thing, that this continues to stay mild for as long as it will last.

A new year with new hopes and good wishes for us all. We can only hope for at this point.

Kathy

Sharon, I pulled myself to weigh-in last night as I have been avoiding the place for such a long time. Yes, I had to pay as I am still over my goal weight. Hopefully I will be able to get control over this once again sometime soon. Too many treats and other things over the holidays.

The weather will start turning in a few days. Enjoy and savor this while it lasts.

Kathy

Kathy, Diane is starting a new thread, she has FB all that are on there, but wants to e-mail you. I told her I didn't have your e-mail address but would ask that you forward it to her, I'd kind of like to have it to, in case have something really private to tell you. Her address is:

jgemeinhardt1 (symbol at) comcast.com mine is sleeker (symbol at) att.net as you could probably tell from the last few posts things do not seem to be going well on that thread.

Good luck with WW, gotta give you credit for going back. I was thinking about going back but when I looked the one that used to be in town is not there anymore. I would have to drive at least 15 miles to get to one, so don't think that will happen. We have not gone back to the resort pool either. I think I might go after Zumba this Thursday as it is only a few more miles down the road from where we have class. I have been going for a walk every day and will again today, its so nice not to have to battle snow and ice, but I think that might be changing tomorrow.

I made reservations to the Fireside Dinner Theatre for the 19th, the performance is "Viva Vegas", since I can't get there its the next best thing! They always have a real good dinner first, and on Thursdays it a buffet. I know I will eat too much thats just what happens at a buffet, probably have a fancy little drink too with a umbrella or something in it. Hope the weather stays good, its in the evening and I don't want to drive in the snow.

Heard that my nephew is out of surgery and in ICU, so looks like so far so good! Hope you are feeling better each day also,

Sharon

Sharon, I got Dianne's e-mail sent back to me and I know why as I made a mistake in the address. I do not know if you got mine yesterday but I'll send it again, kathy452 at aol dot com, no spaces.

I hope your nephew came out of the surgery OK. The dinner theater sounds good. You are right, if you can't go to Vegas, then the show is the next best thing.

Today is our last day of nice weather, then they say we are in store for snow. Getting back to WW was good except for me being out of the lifetime membership and over my goal weight. I'll have to work on that.

Enjoy the day,

Kathy

Looks like eveyone pretty much has made it over to the new site, quite a story, you can catch up when you read it, I had no idea. Guess I wasn't following along long enough.

We had the most beautiful day today, can't hardly believe they are predicting 4 to 6 in of snow for tomorrow. It's not supposed to get too bad until around 10 or 11 so I should be able to get the Zumba in, probably won't go to the pool afterwards though like I had planned. Today I had to go and return a Norton computer program. I was going to install it and then saw on HSN one they called Viper. It updates itself daily and yearly for no more charge. With Norton you have to buy an updated version every year. The price was even a little less and its good for 5 different computers. They said you can give it to a friend or relative to use, up to 5 different ones. So I'm going to put it on tomorrow, I really don't want to take my computer back to that idiot that I used to have fix it. He was always really good and quick but got kind of quirky lately.

So let me know if you get on the other site or not.

Sharon

Kathy, did you find the new site yet? I know Diane got your e-mail address and sent you an "invite".

Yes we have snow, yuck! I would have been just as happy not to have any snow this winter. Yesterday I had spring fever, the lilac bushes even had buds on them, now they will be froze off if it gets as cold as they say tonight. The roads are covered and slippery, not too bad when I went to Zumba, but more so when I came home at around 10:30 am. Bill went to work and is making a pork roast in his crock pot and bringing it home, hopefully he will start home before it gets dark and freezes even more on the road. The plows have been plowing and salting most of the day.

Hope you are feeling better Kathy and doing well with the WW,

Sharon

OK, I did get into the site. I can't believe that story. How someone would go to such lengths to come up with such a bizarre story like that.

I am starting to feel somewhat better but not totally there yet. Yes, it has been snowing very hard here all morning. It is hard to believe that yesterday was so mild and look at what a difference a day makes.

Sharon, you got such a good deal with returning that one and getting a better version for your computer.

It has been crazy here the past few days as the jerk has been here and is going on vacation with his kids and their families tomorrow. They are going to Antigua. It will be nice and quiet for a week.

Kathy

Nice to see that you all are still around.

I hope you all are doing well and that

2012 will be good to you.

PS You know you can join us on the

weigh in thread every Thursday or

what day is best for you. Be nice

to talk to you all again.

Is A cruise's coming up for you..Want to lose?

Sharon, we got about 10 inches yesterday. How about you? Just cold and windy today. The jerk went to stay at the airport Hilton yesterday. I pray that his flight leaves on time today. I would hate to have him around for another week.

Kathy

Sharon, how is your weekend going? Did you go dancing last night, and how was the band? I am still learning how to post on the other site. But Dianne has done a good job on organizing everyone.

Should be warming up somewhat today at least no more snow. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Kathy

Hi Belle, no cruise planned for us right now and my weigh ins have not been pretty lately. If I can get some will power and the right attitude adjustments I may head over next Thursday.

Hi Kathy, yes I'm getting the hang of the other place also, took a while till I discovered you had to go to "home" to get all the discussions. They also show up on my email and I read some more "talk" on FB, so am keeping up even if I don't sign in and contribute.

Well your boss should have made it out and you hopefully will have a good week ahead. It is very sunny today and the ice and snow is melting on the driveway. I went to church and then we went to brunch, again nothing new...ate too much.

Last night we did go dancing and the band was very good, but too loud as most are. Around 10:30 the best friend of my youngest son walked in with his wife. I had not seem him since our wedding reception amost 10 years ago! It was so nice to see him and talk with him and his wife. His ex-wife married Michael Martin Murphy the cowboy poet. Anyway he looked the same, like he had just came out of a western movie, with his big handle bar mustache and cowboy hat and clothes. My son used to always have a handle bar mustache too. Years ago they both had worked on a cattle ranch in New Mexico for several years and did things like go on buffalo and cattle round ups. They were just stopping in on their way home which is on the other side of Rockford half way to Galena so they had quite a drive home. There was also 5 couples that followed the band that came and pretty much took over the dance floor. They all did an awful lot of turning and twirls with all the dance steps, so they must have learned from the same teacher. They said they ususally danced at the old Sundance now called Mavericks in Mundelien, IL.

Ok, going to go watch the football game

Sharon

Edited by timeormoney