Specialty Dining

We have been on Carnival twice and have never experienced specialty dining (and are very much looking forward to sailing with Royal after our last experience with Carnival!!). My husband and I are cruising on the Allure July 3rd and would like to give this a try. My question is...the price to get in...say $20.00 for Giovani's...does this mean you have a set thing you can order? Or is it like the main dining room, where if you don't like the item, you can order something else? We would like to try Rita's Fiesta, Giovani's, and The Samba Grill...I would love to know how you liked the above places too. Thanks so much! :)

There are set menus.

Samba Grill - is the Argentina Restaurant were you go get you salad from a bar set up then the grouches come around with meat on skewers, bacon wrapper Chicken, steak, lamb, sausage etc. You use a light sign to get more green you want red stop for now. $25.00/person

Giovanni's is Italian. Family style serves (think large salad bowl in middle of table) with individual dishes too. If you really don't like it they will allow you to change it if it was only a bite (not 1/2 gone).

$1500/person (Dinner) $10.00 Lunch.

Rita's fiesta is a set menu for the party (flour tortias, chicken/beef mistures and some sort of sauce). Plus 3 drinks $20.00/person

Rita's for lunch and Dinner normally is $7.95/person. This is where you can pick and choose. You may be able to try it but again very little ask first is the rule here.

Most of the specialty restaurants allow you to have multiples of appetizers, soups and desserts but the Main course only one.

For a better idea of the restaurants and charges see here.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/10020614_Allure_Specialty_Restaurant_Flyer.pdf

At Giovanni's Table, the appetizers come out "family style" where everyone shares them. The entrees can be individual. I saw people ordering individual entrees with some pasta dishes to share with the table. It seems like you can order as much as you want of whatever you want in there.

In Chops, you can order as many appetizers as you want, but I think only one entree. The portions are so big in there that you most likely won't need more than that anyway!

I didn't try any of the other specialty restaurants. Giovanni's was really good, but Chops was outstanding. We had two dinners there.

if prices be heading north......done my 7 nites of reservations for 8/21/11 and RCCL has already stroked me American Express card for $ 330 for the week for two people ......like buying a futures headge

We have been on Carnival twice and have never experienced specialty dining (and are very much looking forward to sailing with Royal after our last experience with Carnival!!). My husband and I are cruising on the Allure July 3rd and would like to give this a try. My question is...the price to get in...say $20.00 for Giovani's...does this mean you have a set thing you can order? Or is it like the main dining room, where if you don't like the item, you can order something else? We would like to try Rita's Fiesta, Giovani's, and The Samba Grill...I would love to know how you liked the above places too. Thanks so much! :)

Hi Suga. Join the roll call for this cruise at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1269282

and then sign up for the Meet & Mingle (link on top right of the roll call).

Archived