Oasis---port or starboard?

We will be sailing the eastern Caribbean in Aug. I read where the ship will dock on the starboard side, but I am wondering which side will have the better view when we dock. Are St Thomas and St Martin picturesque from the starboard side or will we have nice island views from the port side?

thanks.

Oasis always docks with its starboard side to the pier. In St. Thomas the ship uses the Crown Bay pier and you will have a better view of the island from the starboard side. The port side will give you a better view out toward the ocean.

In St. Maarten, provided, the ship backs in up to the pier, the starboard side has a good view overlooking the bay and the town. However, if there is another ship on the other side of the pier that may be the only thing you can see as it might block your view of anything else.

We will be sailing the eastern Caribbean in Aug. I read where the ship will dock on the starboard side, but I am wondering which side will have the better view when we dock. Are St Thomas and St Martin picturesque from the starboard side or will we have nice island views from the port side?

thanks.

DH & I were did Oasis/Eastern 5/7 - 5/14. We were on Deck 9 (Mid-ship) Starboard! IT WAS PERFECT!!!!

On our cruise, we had a view of another ship (docked beside us) every single time we were in port, regardless that Oasis docks starboard :(

That stinks! :mad:

When I was on Oasis, we were on the Port side.

St. Thomas:

SDC10394.jpg

St. Maarten:

SDC10435.jpg

Nassau: We didn't really have a view of anything but water.

St. Maarten definitely had the best view of the week. I would recommend starboard. We are on starboard for that reason on Allure.

The pictures on port side look great so I find it interesting that you have chosen starboard on your next trip. it will either be that much better, or either side will have nice views in port. I checked port schedules and it looks like the Dream will be in port at the same time we will for all port stops. We are on the port side right now, but I am still trying to decide if I should switch sides. ButI also have the feeling that I will be happy wherever I am!

Well, I decided to switch to starboard on the central park deck. I liked the Idea of being near vintages at night and park cafe in the morning with just a short walk to the cabin.

thanks!

Archived