Doing Cruisetour - when do I put on the lugggage tags

sdatex

We're doing a Princess Cruisetour next week. Land first, ship second. Being picked up at the Anchorage airport by a Princess rep and taken to the hotel. Realized we're not sure when to put on the luggage tags we printed off from the Princess website showing our names, stateroom info etc. Do we put them on now, in addition to the airline tags? Or wait until after our flight into Anchorage when the luggage is divided between what is going straight to the ship and what is coming with us?

I put the cruise and tour luggage tags on my bags before leaving home in case they don't arrive with me at the airport just prior to the cruise/tour departure.

A jillion bags move around Alaska each cruise season and some have to catch up with their owners due to problems and delays caused by the airlines.

I also put a set of my cruise/tour documents in clear view inside my suitcase in case the tags go missing.

Belt and suspenders.

Keith, at your home airport (journey beginning) or at your cruise port arrival airport?

Penny, we put them on at the arrival airport. We just worry they will get torn if we do it any sooner.

Your idea of putting a set of your cruise/tour documents in clear view inside the suitcase in case the tags go missing is excellent. On top of that we provide a cell phone contact number for us.

Keith

Keith, yes, anything that helps keep a bag and an owner together is a good idea.

When I used hardsided luggage, I actually put extra cruise luggage tags on the shell of the luggage and put clear shipping tap over them to keep them in place.

Can't do that with my current luggage.

A couple trips ago I started taking photos of our luggage with my iPhone in case I wanted to show someone exactly what it looks like. Photos inside and out showing contents and other identifying characteristics.

Of course anything of value, extremely important such as medicines and an extra set of clothing goes with me in a carry on bag. I can live out of my carry on bag if I have to.

Since I now travel with a Kindle, my luggage weighs a great deal less!

Thanks! You both have helped. I've already printed out a sheet with details on it for inside the luggage. Then I printed out my own luggage tags with cruisetour info and the name of ship & date of departure that I put on the outside of the luggage. Decided that we when reach Anchorage airport we'll put on the Princess luggage tags. Whew! As you said - belt & supenders! :)

Archived