Trip Report: Oasis of the Seas 5/14-5/21...tons of pictures

Thank you so much for your review. We were also on this cruise and were part of the Nachi group of 7. Dan & I really enjoyed meeting you and have very much loved seeing your pictures. They are way better than anything we took on the cruise! Take care and we hope your next cruise isn't too far in the future.

Gail & Dan

Hi Gail, i hope the two of you enjoyed the rest of the cruise as we didn't see the Nachi group around the ship at all. Regards to Dan.

great review and the pics are great, sitting here in UK, cold to-day, makes me want to book that cruise, keep them coming.....

We are on the same boat. I'm sitting here at work wishing I were back on the ship. I have no more pictures to post..until my next sailing :)

I enjoyed every pixel of your photos!! :D

I'm also a photograph addicter, have also a Canon like yours and a zoom lens 18-200mm which is not so sharp and wide like your lens. Also a macro-lens is joining my set, but of course it won't give me any chance if I take it to my cruise on August. So, I'll just take the zoom lens which Im sure will give me a nice range of all type of pics.

Hope I can get great colours like yours!! :p

I enjoyed every pixel of your photos!! :D

I'm also a photograph addicter, have also a Canon like yours and a zoom lens 18-200mm which is not so sharp and wide like your lens. Also a macro-lens is joining my set, but of course it won't give me any chance if I take it to my cruise on August. So, I'll just take the zoom lens which Im sure will give me a nice range of all type of pics.

Hope I can get great colours like yours!! :p

Whichever lens you take, I'm quite certain you'll get great pictures. The ship is beautiful in itself. A macro lens would be great for food pictures. Just shoot raw and make your adjustments in photoshop. Have fun on your cruise in August!

my wife and I are headed for the Oasis in Sept. After seeing all the great pics you took, I feel like I almost don't have to go! :) I can't say I'm an avid photographer, but I'll try to take some as well with my Nikon DSLR. And I'm sure my skills are no where near yours. But it's all fun!

BTW, are you a car guy and particularly fond of JDM cars?

Edited by E46M3
can't spell today...

my wife and I are headed for the Oasis in Sept. After seeing all the great pics you took, I feel like I almost don't have to go! :) I can't say I'm an avid photographer, but I'll try to take some as well with my Nikon DSLR. And I'm sure my skills are no where near yours. But it's all fun!

BTW, are you a car guy and particularly fond of JDM cars?

Yes JDM cars. I see you have yourself a e46... nice ride!

Beleive me i came back with 32gb pics for Oasis. took awhile to do the review since i had to post process my pictures. Shot in RAW format. edited it in photoshop then coverted to jpg file. Some of the pics i took were 3 pictures 3 different exposures then merged into 1 picture. That way it brought out all the highlights and shadows of the picture. Some were blurry since it was windy up in the pool deck at times. Specially the moon picture i beleive there was 15knt wind on the pool deck.

Yes JDM cars. I see you have yourself a e46... nice ride!

Beleive me i came back with 32gb pics for Oasis. took awhile to do the review since i had to post process my pictures. Shot in RAW format. edited it in photoshop then coverted to jpg file. Some of the pics i took were 3 pictures 3 different exposures then merged into 1 picture. That way it brought out all the highlights and shadows of the picture. Some were blurry since it was windy up in the pool deck at times. Specially the moon picture i beleive there was 15knt wind on the pool deck.

to be honest, I no longer have the M3, sold it two years ago after getting married and a mortgage. driving a Prius now!!:( but one day, hopefully one day, I'll get a NSX as a weekend car! :D

Photoshop is magic! I use it everyday at work! but nontheless, great work!

Edited by E46M3

Did you go to the Seafood Shack? On another thread, someone said that it was supposed to change to Rita's Cantina, the Mexican eating place that is on Allure. Have you heard anything about this, and, if so, when this will take place?

Well that review and the pictures were mesmerizing! I spent some time here at work reading thru it all :p Ok...where is the special spot on deck 11 to watch the water show from? Please!! LOL:D

Go all the way to back you will see a glass door few loungers there. One side of the ship is smoking the other side is not. I think it was Portside. Also deck 13 :)

Did you go to the Seafood Shack? On another thread, someone said that it was supposed to change to Rita's Cantina, the Mexican eating place that is on Allure. Have you heard anything about this, and, if so, when this will take place?

No that was the only restaurant that did not interest our stomachs :) Seafood Shack is now ala carte pricing like Izumi's.

Day 5 - At Sea

[sNIP]

First to come out was Shrek, next was Fiona then Puss in Boots.

_MG_6384.jpg

[sNIP]

Ugh. I would be in just as great of a mood as the poor lady in this picture if I had to put up with a bunch of annoying cartoons like Shreck all morning. :eek: Good thing there are plenty of other places to go on such a huge ship!

Your pictures are amazing! Thanks for sharing them with us! :D

thanks for your reply :)

didnt that give you a lot of trouble to convert all pics from raw to jpeg ? :confused:

Now, I know how you made 32gb of pics!! :D

i dont think i have enough storage .. humm let me see, 1 SD card of 4gb, 1 of 8gb ... would that be enough? :p

Ugh. I would be in just as great of a mood as the poor lady in this picture if I had to put up with a bunch of annoying cartoons like Shreck all morning. :eek: Good thing there are plenty of other places to go on such a huge ship!

Texas Teen...embrace the characters, they serve to get the kids out of your way! :D

The best cruise I have ever been on was also the one with the most kids - Disney Cruise Line. They have so many kids activities, that if you don't have one; you WONT see them! The absolute worst behaved kids were on a Princess cruise. The crusie had nothing for them to do (the kids program was abysmal and my daughter almost swore off all kids programs for ever). Kids ran amok all over the "adult pool" and just about everywhere else. Luckily, it was an Alaska cruise, so we were spending most of our time on our balcony or onshore.

The lesson for me was- if there are to be children, be very happy with the lines that make a good effort to entertain them appropriately. It will make everyone's time better. I work with preschoolers and love children, but it works out best for everyone when they have developmentally appropriate activites rather than being dragged through adult entertainment areas or let loose.:eek:

Gosh this is awesome! We're on the Oasis this Saturday and through your review we're getting the lowdown on the what to and what not to do's! Many thanks!

BTW, as I posted on your Majesty review, your pictures are incredible! RC should hire you to be a photographer.

One question: for the bus ride to the mall in Falmoputh, how often did the bus make the trip? We love to explore like you did (and I love jerk chicken) but want to plan it out. thanks again.

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback and for those cruising soon, have an awesome time!

Good review! Phenomenal pictures too! Your review has rekindled a lot of positive memories of our Oasis cruise. I also live in GVA. Did you watch any Canucks games during your cruises?

We only watched highlights in the news. They showed nba games instead.

What a disappointment last night but they must be setting it up to win the cup at home:D

thanks for your reply :)

didnt that give you a lot of trouble to convert all pics from raw to jpeg ? :confused:

Now, I know how you made 32gb of pics!! :D

i dont think i have enough storage .. humm let me see, 1 SD card of 4gb, 1 of 8gb ... would that be enough? :p

We bought extra memory cards before sailing and I'm glad we did. We would have ran out. No trouble at all in converting, it just took awhile.

Thank you for the wonderful review and photos. I'm looking so forward to our upcoming cruise on Oasis, as well as you've inspired me to take better photos this time around!

Thank you for reading and have a great time on your cruise. So happy I've actually inspired someone hehe

Gosh this is awesome! We're on the Oasis this Saturday and through your review we're getting the lowdown on the what to and what not to do's! Many thanks!

BTW, as I posted on your Majesty review, your pictures are incredible! RC should hire you to be a photographer.

One question: for the bus ride to the mall in Falmoputh, how often did the bus make the trip? We love to explore like you did (and I love jerk chicken) but want to plan it out. thanks again.

You must be getting really excited for Saturday...not too long now!

I believe buses ran every 30minutes. When you get off the ship, turn left towards the artisan market. Walk past the marketing and that is where the buses to Rose Hall are. There's jerk chicken in The Shoppes at Rose Hall and also at the port. We liked the ones at Rose Hall better. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your review. We were also on this cruise and were part of the Nachi group of 7. Dan & I really enjoyed meeting you and have very much loved seeing your pictures. They are way better than anything we took on the cruise! Take care and we hope your next cruise isn't too far in the future.

Gail & Dan

Hi Gail, I posted a reply on the Empress 2006 thread!..Terry

I believe buses ran every 30minutes. When you get off the ship, turn left towards the artisan market. Walk past the marketing and that is where the buses to Rose Hall are. There's jerk chicken in The Shoppes at Rose Hall and also at the port. We liked the ones at Rose Hall better. Hope this helps.

This helps quite a bit. Every time we're on a ship that stops in Ocho Rios, we have a favorite place (Taj Jerk - we highly recommend it) that we have our jerk chicken, so we're looking forward to taking the bus to Rose Hall and trying some jerk there. Many thanks.