Glacier Bay Podcasts

sjgertz

I downloaded the podcast and had no trouble...in fact I listened to about half of it today. (It's very long -- over 4 hours.) What specifically is the problem you're having? My downloaded as a MPEG-4 audio file, 65 MB.

Downloaded them using iTunes last night- no problem at all. iTunes did put them under "audiobooks" and not podcasts in my iPod touch. I didn't take the whole group, but it is 4 hours or so if you take them all.

Looking forward to listening to them.

Between last night and today, I listen to them all. In my opinion the best one's were the one's about animals. They give great tips on where and when to look for the various animals in Glacier Bay.

The one's I liked the best were

Bears on the Beach

Sea Otters

Humback Whales

and Birdlife to watch for

For anyone who has listened to the podcasts. We are going into Tracy Arm and Hubbard Glacier, is there enough generic information to warrant downloading them? We have been into Glacier Bay three times.

Here is the hotlink: http://www.hollandamerica.com/GlacierBayPodcast.

Your browser should ask you how you want to open the file, if you don't have an iPod or use iTunes you can open it in an MP3 format for your MP3 player. You may also listen to the audio from your computer and not down load it if you prefer.

I have been enjoying listening to the podcasts/audiobooks over the last couple days. I didn't download the bears on the beach or kids activities- but I am now thinking I might. We will have two 12 year olds along as well as two high schoolers.

Ok, figured out my problem, I had not selected iTunes as my default music player and thus every time I downloaded "Glacier Bay" it opened in a Windows viewer. Once I changed to iTunes as my default all went well!!

Thanks

Archived