RCCL in Mexico????

Was looking into some cruises for 2012 and I don't see any that go to Mexico (except for a couple that go to Cozumel). What happened to the Mexican Riviera trips? I also looked at the section of the RCCL site where you click on the map where you want to go and there was nothing in Mexico that way either, so I don't think I'm just being obtuse....I also recall that the Mexican Riviera cruises left quite often out of California, but there were no California ports listed either. What's going on? :eek:

Was looking into some cruises for 2012 and I don't see any that go to Mexico (except for a couple that go to Cozumel). What happened to the Mexican Riviera trips? I also looked at the section of the RCCL site where you click on the map where you want to go and there was nothing in Mexico that way either, so I don't think I'm just being obtuse....I also recall that the Mexican Riviera cruises left quite often out of California, but there were no California ports listed either. What's going on? :eek:

You are correct, RCI no longer sails to the Mexican Riviera. They pulled the ships this winter and there are currently no plans to bring them back. The rumored reason for doing so is that the ships were not very profitable doing that route so they moved them to more lucrative itineraries.

You are correct, RCI no longer sails to the Mexican Riviera. They pulled the ships this winter and there are currently no plans to bring them back. The rumored reason for doing so is that the ships were not very profitable doing that route so they moved them to more lucrative itineraries.

Thanks. Wow. That is so odd...Mexico is one of my most favorite places.

RCL pulled their ships out and other lines have cut back or have eliminated some ports. They all started having to cut prices dramatically starting a couple of years ago when the flu epidemic started in Mexico. The problem now is all the reports of violence, drug wars, etc., making a lot of people reluctant to go to Mexico. It's sad to see things this way - we did Mexico twice out of So. California, but now we're left with very few options for cruising close to home.

Archived