No alchohol allowed on carnival even wine

deena26

I was bored and got intrigued by a 'butler' post and ventured on to Norwegian Cruise Lines here on CC.

A girl wrote her review of the cruise and complained that you cannot bring alchohol on board. A lady responded and said you cant even bring wine on Carnival as of a year ago. Huh??? Had me scared for a millisecond, wonder where she got that info??

It's just a crazy rumor being spread by someone who has no idea what they are talking about.

You are still allowed the one bottle per person.

NCL and RCCL do not allow anything at all, and RCCL takes it so far as water and soda too. You cannot bring anything liquid on those ships.

Not too sure what NCL's policy is on bringing alcohol on board. But as far as Carnival is concerned, each guest over the age of 21 is allowed one bottle of wine & must be carried on (not in checked luggage). I don't believe Carnival's policy has changed considering there would probably be 15252 posts on this & John Heald would make some sort of an announcement.

NCL and RCCL do not allow anything at all, and RCCL takes it so far as water and soda too. You cannot bring anything liquid on those ships.

RCL doesnt have a rule about carrying on soda or water one way or another that I know of. I know we have and Iv been with others who openly carried soda onto RCL cruises. Carnival just made a rule more specific as to 12, before that they didnt have a written policy.

never been a problem with soda yet, just be reasonable with it. We bring soda onto RCL cruises all the time.

When I was on NCL, you were allowed to bring on one bottle of wine, but they charged you corkage fee at embarkation, which I believe was $15. So, you had to pay this even if you consumed the wine in your cabin.

RCL doesnt have a rule about carrying on soda or water one way or another that I know of. I know we have and Iv been with others who openly carried soda onto RCL cruises. Carnival just made a rule more specific as to 12, before that they didnt have a written policy.

never been a problem with soda yet, just be reasonable with it. We bring soda onto RCL cruises all the time.

Here is Royals policy

s.gif

Food & Beverage

s.gif

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard? s.gif A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

I was bored and got intrigued by a 'butler' post and ventured on to Norwegian Cruise Lines here on CC.

A girl wrote her review of the cruise and complained that you cannot bring alchohol on board. A lady responded and said you cant even bring wine on Carnival as of a year ago. Huh??? Had me scared for a millisecond, wonder where she got that info??

Wow ,you really were bored :eek:.

It's just a crazy rumor being spread by someone who has no idea what they are talking about.

You are still allowed the one bottle per person.

On NCL if one passenger wants to board the vessel with five bottles of wine, that is just fine with NCL . . . as long as that passenger pays the required corkage fee per bottle ($15). There is, currently, no limit to the number of bottles allowed.

On CCL if one passenger wants to board the vessel with five bottles of wine, four of those bottles will be confiscated by security, and labled with the needed information to provide those bottles back to the passenger for debarkation.

From NCL.com:

Wine & Champagne Policy

Guests are allowed to bring wine or champagne onboard. These will be subject to a $15 corkage fee regardless of size.

Wines that are not featured on NCL's wine lists are subject to the corkage fee including wine sent directly to the ship by Travel Agents, friends, family, from another retail source, etc. The bottle will have a sticker or stamp placed on it showing that the fee was paid, and that the guest will be allowed to have the product onboard. This fee will be charged to the guest’s onboard account. Wines that come in boxes are not allowed onboard.

Archived