AIDA ok for an English speaking Canadian?

Avril

Everyone to his taste! I think it's good that everyone likes different things :). There is a lot of entertainment on AIDA during sea days and you can do many workshops like a Cocktail Workshop :p or do some sport classes. And I really love the food and the shows but you have to keep in mind that everything is produced for Europeans. Perhapes that makes it so different. The Funday at sea on Carnival Sunshine was very boring for us. Hairy chest contest :confused: - we can't do anything with.

Wish you all a nice Thursday :D

It´s so interesting comparing AIDA to american cruise lines like Carnival. ;)

We thought there´s more entertainment on AIDA on the sea days. Sport classes, quizshows, pool games, cocktail shaking with the crew and so on.

But we also liked it on Carnival...hairy chest contest and so on...you will never find these funny games on AIDA. The Carnival guests seem to be funnier and make more party. :D On last AIDA cruise we were only about 10 guests between 18 and 30 on the whole ship (okay it was winter on the canary islands=retiree paradise), but we had a lot of fun and drinks (sponsored by the crew)!

• 1 month later...

This is a great news indeed.

Knowing American PAX AIDA will need some adjustments though if they want to attract US cruisers.

I was ready to sail in German only atmosphere, but then being born in Ukraine (USSR) I am not typical US cruiser.

MSC has adopted here just fine.

It looks like at least in 2014 it will not be for US market

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/germanys-largest-cruise-line-to-sail-from-tampa-by-next-year/2149129

The German cruise line will bring the AIDAvita to Tampa in December 2014 to make four cruises trips around the Western Caribbean, each lasting three weeks. The AIDAvita was launched in 2002 and is the second ship in AIDA's fleet of 10 cruise ships. It can carry 1,266 passengers.

In winter 2015-16, the cruise line will send one of its newest ships to the Port of Tampa. The AIDAmar was launched in 2012 and can carry 2,194 passengers. It will make seven trips to the Western Caribbean in winter 2015-16.

Who can cruise for three weeks?

Some Europeans have (in Germany 4 weeks is guaranteed by law, but many do have 6) , but for most of Americans joining this cruise will not be easy. In 2015/16 Aida will run 7 cruises and maybe they will be shorter.

We really want to try AIDA. German language with some staff speaking English should not be a proble

The cruises with AIDAvita (2014/15) will last 10 days. The cruises with AIDAbella and AIDAluna will last 14 days (starting in La Romana or Barbados).

Only a few cruises last more than 14 days for example some TransAtlantics, TransAsian or cruises to Spitsbergen.

Germans have 28 vacation days at average :D.

So I think it might be a mistake :confused:. Haven't heard anything about Tampa here in Germany. You can book AIDAvita only from Miami through their website. Haven't heard anything about AIDAmar either. AIDAmar out of Tampa would be great :D but I really don't know. The newest catalogue will be released in late February. I will let you know about the new itinerarys.

AIDAmar is a newer ship and belongs to the Sphinx-Class. She has got her own brewery on board. Very funny :rolleyes:!

Archived