AIDA ok for an English speaking Canadian?

Avril

You can use the german agency: www.kreuzfahrtberater.de for booking. Let it translate by Google and you are able to book a cruise :).

Have fun!

GibbelChrissy

Here are some YouTube videos you might be interested in:

one of the buffet Restaurants:

Poolparty

Thank You Chrissy!

I appreciate the info.:D

ET:)

Hello E2ME2,

there is another difference between american ships and AIDA. AIDA has got a nudist area on top of the ship (I think it is deck 14). Germans call it FKK-deck.

pools-aussendecks-1203.jpg%3Fm%3D1367391513

http://www.cruisetricks.de/galerie/var/resizes/aida-stella/pool-aussendecks/pools-aussendecks-1203.jpg%3Fm%3D1367391513

Another difference is the huge SPA area with different saunas and steam rooms. You don't have to pay for them. Remember that women and men use them together and are always naked. That's normal for Germans.

Gruppe-0-_MG_7459__MG_7466-8-Bilder-Sauna-02.jpg

http://www.reisehit.de/wp-content/gallery/aidastella2013_hamburg-warnemuende/Gruppe-0-_MG_7459__MG_7466-8-Bilder-Sauna-02.jpg

Gruppe-0-_MG_7459__MG_7466-8-Bilder-Sauna-01.jpg

http://www.reisehit.de/wp-content/gallery/aidastella2013_hamburg-warnemuende/Gruppe-0-_MG_7459__MG_7466-8-Bilder-Sauna-01.jpg

Best regards

GibbelChrissy

Hello,

I like to read your posts. :)

Very interesting reading Americans talking about the Germans and their ships.:p

I´m a German who likes AIDA and Carnival Cruise Lines. I was a little bit suprised while beeing on a Carnival Ships because it´s another world compared to AIDA.

But now I know both worlds. I cruised twice with Carnival (next in about 60 days) and five times with AIDA. So if you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.

Greetings from Berlin,

Florian

Hello E2ME2,

there is another difference between american ships and AIDA. AIDA has got a nudist area on top of the ship (I think it is deck 14). Germans call it FKK-deck.

FKK-Deck ?? Is that a German Acronym of some kind ??

I would love that opportunity on other cruise ships.

http://www.cruisetricks.de/galerie/var/resizes/aida-stella/pool-aussendecks/pools-aussendecks-1203.jpg%3Fm%3D1367391513

Another difference is the huge SPA area with different saunas and steam rooms. You don't have to pay for them. Remember that women and men use them together and are always naked. That's normal for Germans.

I really should have been born German! Most americans are too uptight to enjoy public nakedness.

http://www.reisehit.de/wp-content/gallery/aidastella2013_hamburg-warnemuende/Gruppe-0-_MG_7459__MG_7466-8-Bilder-Sauna-02.jpg

http://www.reisehit.de/wp-content/gallery/aidastella2013_hamburg-warnemuende/Gruppe-0-_MG_7459__MG_7466-8-Bilder-Sauna-01.jpg

Best regards

GibbelChrissy

Chrissy - Thanks so much for the information. I really am going to look into an AIDA cruise, even though I only speak English.

Good morning,

you can translate FKK literally to "free body culture". Most of the germans aren't uptight at all. They walk through the ship only in their bathrobe to get to the Body and Soul Spa. I've never seen that someone uses the locker rooms :rolleyes:. Everything is very informal but you won't see public nakedness in any other area of the ship.

Have fun on AIDA.

If you have any other questions, please ask!

Best reagards

Thamk you for the education. I used one of your links to request a brochure in English, and gave them my email asking for their schedules and itineraries. Maybe you will see me onboard soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

First, let me say I have never sailed on AIDA and I have not plans to - but I am from Germany :-)

Really funny to see you talking about AIDA, FKK Decks (btw great translation of the FKK abbreviation) and the way germans are - nudist, unpatient or rude. I can tell you I have seen unpatient and rude ppl all around the places on the world I have been and even on Celebrity Sailings with most of the ppl being from the U.S. ;)

No worries, i am fine with that and take it with a smile. Just like you do when I think of all the hippies that are now in their 60s/70s and cruising on ships.

Ok enough about that, it is just for fun and the point why I post is: if you need any help on some informations about the booking process in germany, feel free to ask and I will try to help.

I also booked cruises several times using the german website mentioned in this thread. They are very good and all german TA will have mostly the same prices. This one at least gives you some little perks (mainly OBC).

BUT BE CAREFUL: one main difference between booking in the US or in Germany is, that if you book you won't be able to cancel it without any fee. The fee will be depending on the Cruise Brand and be between 10-35% of the total price!

First, let me say I have never sailed on AIDA and I have not plans to - but I am from Germany :-)

Really funny to see you talking about AIDA, FKK Decks (btw great translation of the FKK abbreviation) and the way germans are - nudist, unpatient or rude. I can tell you I have seen unpatient and rude ppl all around the places on the world I have been and even on Celebrity Sailings with most of the ppl being from the U.S. ;)

No worries, i am fine with that and take it with a smile. Just like you do when I think of all the hippies that are now in their 60s/70s and cruising on ships.

Ok enough about that, it is just for fun and the point why I post is: if you need any help on some informations about the booking process in germany, feel free to ask and I will try to help.

I also booked cruises several times using the german website mentioned in this thread. They are very good and all german TA will have mostly the same prices. This one at least gives you some little perks (mainly OBC).

BUT BE CAREFUL: one main difference between booking in the US or in Germany is, that if you book you won't be able to cancel it without any fee. The fee will be depending on the Cruise Brand and be between 10-35% of the total price!

Unipac. If I am unsuccessful thru the websites, I will seek some of your help. Thanks for the offer. Just as clarification, I did not post anything about being rude or inpatient. ??

My Mom's father was German, and he was a friendly guy :)

I really would like to try the AIDA experience.

Unipac. If I am unsuccessful thru the websites, I will seek some of your help. Thanks for the offer. Just as clarification, I did not post anything about being rude or inpatient. ??

My Mom's father was German, and he was a friendly guy :)

I really would like to try the AIDA experience.

I just read it in the thread, didn't mean a particular posting.

Of course, feel free to ask me. I am pretty sure this german agency has several english speaking TA, if you want i will ask them for contact details.

I just read it in the thread, didn't mean a particular posting.

Of course, feel free to ask me. I am pretty sure this german agency has several english speaking TA, if you want i will ask them for contact details.

I would greatly appreciate a contact with an English Speaking TA for AIDA

Thanks you so much! :D

I would greatly appreciate a contact with an English Speaking TA for AIDA

Thanks you so much! :D

Just wrote them an email asking for english speaking contact person to help you with the AIDA booking :-)

I will keep you updated!

We did not proceed with a booking but used s e a s c a n n e r . They replied to me in English.

That's the TA that I asked, they also have their site in english but it is not complete when I compare it to the german one (kreuzfahrtberater de).

They already replied and would be pleased to assist you in english. However, they mention that most of the things (language on board, online checkin etc.) are in german.

However, they will help you and i will so, too!

Feel free to send them an email with your questions and wishes: service ( at ) kreuzfahrtberater (d0t) de

Enjoy and keep me updated please!

They already replied and would be pleased to assist you in english. However, they mention that most of the things (language on board, online checkin etc.) are in german.

However, they will help you and i will so, too!

Feel free to send them an email with your questions and wishes: service ( at ) kreuzfahrtberater (d0t) de

Enjoy and keep me updated please!

I will!:D

Thank you so much for the contact information.

I will send them an email tonight.

Dankeschön:p

I will!:D

Thank you so much for the contact information.

I will send them an email tonight.

Dankeschön:p

You are welcome - gern geschehen! :)

Wie Sailing on aida Bella to canada next mönch.:)

What language is that? :eek:

@E2ME2:

So nice to read that you want to try AIDA :). Did you find a cruise you like? Which itinerary and ship?

Please Keep us updated :D.

GibbelChrissy

The website listed cruises through 2014.

I'm waiting until the schedule is available for 2015.

The AURA had a couple East Coast cruises that looked promising.

THANKS!

The website listed cruises through 2014.

I'm waiting until the schedule is available for 2015.

The AURA had a couple East Coast cruises that looked promising.

THANKS!

You can write to Aida itself. Their prices are lower than the TA's.

We'd cruised twice with them. Although we do speak German, it was very boaring, especially during seadays. The shows were poor. And there were no other entertainments. We missed the trivia's. The food were salty, though I spoke the cook about it. I prefer RCI, Celebrity and HAL.

Archived