Future Cruise Credit online system

Snowball

Has anyone tried to submit a Future Cruise Certificate through the online system for a cruise that was booked prior to the certificate being purchased? I know that technically it is against the rules - just wondering if it would work.

I booked the cruise in May 2011, bought the certificates in Sept 2011 and applied it two weeks ago.. No issues.. ( and we dont sail till Feb 2012 )

Awesome! I am sailing in October and have another cruise booked for February 2012 so I was curious as to whether I could be a certificate when on the October cruise and have it applied to the February one. It sounds like it's worth a try!

www.carnival.com/FCV

Good luck. I can't get it work.

If you can, please let me know how you did it.

It doesn't seem to submit the form or acknowledge receipt in any way.

I had the same problem until another poster on Cruise Critic gave me this fix and it worked for me. The next day Carnival sent me a email and one week later a confirmation that it was posted to my account.

Go to Tools and click on compatibility view settings and change it to Display All Websites in Compatibility View. I had the same problem "error on page" and when I changed it it went through no problem. Just put your first name in the Requestor name box.

I use IE and Windows XP. Good Luck.

Ta Da! It worked. Compatabilty view seems to do the trick.

Thanks for the info.

It worked surprisingly quickly (which rarely happens on Carnival's so-so web site!) and I received an e-mail confirmation within minutes.

My OBC has also appeared on my docs.

Life is good!

I want to clarify what I think I'm reading here, I'd be grateful to anyone who can let me know if I can do this:

I bought a FCC last month. Last week booked Miracle May 2012 and yesterday booked Glory in two weeks. We have paid Glory in full, paid only deposit for Miracle. Can we apply the FCC towards the Glory cruise that's paid in full and get the money as OBC, and then buy another FCC to use on the Miracle cruise that we have paid the deposit on? Or is it better to just save the FCC we have for the Miracle?

Thanks for any advice :)

How long did it take for you to receive notification that the Future Cruise Credit had been applied?

Here's my recent experience:

1) submitted FCC on 5/31 (used the IE compatibility trick, FireFox did not work)

2) received e-mail confirming my submittal within an hour

3) received e-mail that FCC was applied on 6/6

Dave

The compatibility view is definately the trick!! Thanks to whoever figured that out!!

I submitted two FCC certificates for a Dec 2012 cruise (two cabins) on June 4, received confirmation that one had been posted to the account on June 6!! However, I never got a confirmation for the second one so I finally called the Special Programs dept to find out what was going on. The rep ended up re-submitting it herself, and I had the confirmation within an hour. She also told me they had over 750 FCC submissions waiting in the queue. That is not including the ones that had been mailed in....SOOOO...it can take up to 10 days for it get processed.

On June 11, I submitted one for a cruise that was booked before the purchase of the FCC. I an still waiting to hear back on that one. The rep I spoke to about my other one said to give it a try that it may "slip" through and if it didn't it wouldn't hurt anything.

I want to clarify what I think I'm reading here, I'd be grateful to anyone who can let me know if I can do this:

I bought a FCC last month. Last week booked Miracle May 2012 and yesterday booked Glory in two weeks. We have paid Glory in full, paid only deposit for Miracle. Can we apply the FCC towards the Glory cruise that's paid in full and get the money as OBC, and then buy another FCC to use on the Miracle cruise that we have paid the deposit on? Or is it better to just save the FCC we have for the Miracle?

Thanks for any advice :)

I would certainly use the FCC for the Glory cruise and then buy another one on the Glory to use for the Miracle cruise.

They will give you the OBC and credit your credit card for the cost of the FCC since you have paid in full already. I booked an April cruise late and full payment was due when I booked. When I mailed in my FCC they applied the $100 OBC (7 day cruise) and credited my credit card the other $100 paid for the FCC.

• 1 month later...
I had the same problem until another poster on Cruise Critic gave me this fix and it worked for me. The next day Carnival sent me a email and one week later a confirmation that it was posted to my account.

Go to Tools and click on compatibility view settings and change it to Display All Websites in Compatibility View. I had the same problem "error on page" and when I changed it it went through no problem. Just put your first name in the Requestor name box.

I use IE and Windows XP. Good Luck.

WooooHooo! That worked!:) Thanks!

The compatibility view didn't seem to work for me so I was going to try the 32 bit browser. For some reason as soon as I opened it up though the normal 64 bit window submitted. All it does is send an e-mail.

I had a problem submitting this form also. I changed the compatibility setting and it still didn't work. I was on the phone with Carnival e-solutions and was told to just put my first name as the requester and that worked.

I had a problem submitting this form also. I changed the compatibility setting and it still didn't work. I was on the phone with Carnival e-solutions and was told to just put my first name as the requester and that worked.

Archived