Solstice Live/First-Timer Reports/Pix’s: Italy/Croatian June 7-19

TLCOhio

Hi Terry - thanks for the review and great pictures. Great primer for my cruise in Nov...

I have a question - do you know what route the Solstice took going back to Barcelona on the final at sea day? Does it go around Sicily and not thru the Strait of Messina or does it go thru the Strait of Messina as it did on the way to Dubrovnik? Also, I assume it doesn't go between the islands of Sardinia and Corsica on the return route to Barcelona but if you could confirm that would be great...

Thanks in advance...

Edited by Pathfinder35

Hi TLCOhio, I don't suppose you have a picture of the ice cream bar on Solstice please? I was telling one of my ice cream loving roll call friends about it but unfortunately I have no pics. Thanks. U2

new salt: My late mother' date=' when in her late 70's, went on a holiday with a new camera and returned with a magnificent Italy wide pictures of her iris. True[/quote']

Pathfinder35: Hi Terry - thanks for the review and great pictures. Great primer for my cruise in Nov... I have a question - do you know what route the Solstice took going back to Barcelona on the final at sea day? Does it go around Sicily and not thru the Strait of Messina or does it go thru the Strait of Messina as it did on the way to Dubrovnik? Also' date=' I assume it doesn't go between the islands of Sardinia and Corsica on the return route to Barcelona but if you could confirm that would be great...[/quote']

For Gary, our Solstice return route after Dubrovnik was directly through the Strait of Messina. Originally, it was scheduled to go south of Sicily and then up to Barcelona. My guess is that each Captain might make a command decision around that time based on sea condition, personal choice, timing available, etc. I'm glad we had our routing through this famed Strait of Messina as it was very interesting to see this famed passage and nearby land. Below are a couple of picture samples for what we saw. It was nice to be up on the front deck to see these sights.

Funny item by new salt on his mother and her camera.

Which Solstice ice cream place picture were you wanting? The one that is a part of the Oceanview Cafe (next to pizza/pasta area) or the fancier one (where they charge) at Café al Bacio & Gelateria on the fifth level? I don't think I have a picture from either one, but I can check more. For ice cream, below is one sample for what we enjoyed in Rome at a famed location.

THANKS for the follow-up and comments! Also, below are three main dining room pictures that I had not previously posted on this blog for some meals there. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

As the Solstice passed between Sicily and mainland Italy through the Strait of Messina, here are of my two views. First is the large tower once used to connect power and/or telephone from Sicily to the main part of Italy. That wiring must now be under the water. BUT, the big tower is still there. Second is the view from ship showing some of the highway, city development at Scilia, a town of 5,000 people along the coast in the Calabria area. Ruffo Castle, a fortress built by the Dukes of Calabria is also shown in this picture. This passage is about two miles wide at its narrowest point.:

SicilyLargeTower.jpg

SicilyMainlandViewPrime.jpg

In front of the main fountain in Piazza Navona, here was our afternoon ice cream treat. It was ten euro for three large scoops, plus this cute small cone. Not cheap, but the views from our seats were “priceless”!:

RomeIceCreamTreat.jpg

From the Main Dining Room on the Solstice in June, here are three of the dishes that I enjoyed on this cruise. As I recall, the first shown is a veal beef shank. Then a beef strip steak with a special topping. Third is beef Wellington. Hopefully my memory is working correctly. Do these visuals match what others would remember or re-call?.:

SolsticeVealShankMDR.jpg

SolsticeBeefStripSteak.jpg

SolsticeBeefChatTwoMDR.jpg

mmmmmm.... that beef wellington looks delicious. It was the Oceanview ice cream bar, with all the toppings that I was looking for. Thank you for responding, Terry.

jazzbeau: Those descriptions fit the pictures. Yummy!

Glad to hear that I got it "right" on the Beef Wellington' date=' plus that it looked "Yummy!". [b']It tasted that way, too. [/b]

I did take a couple of pictures at the Oceanview ice cream bar, but they were kind of "average" looking. Don't think I saved them. Will check more. It was hard getting the right visual mix and photo composition of the person behind the counter, the glass at the front, items make available in the lower case, etc. Did enjoy these various items there at the ice cream bar. Impressed with the variety quality, many options, etc. I also liked the various other dessert options at the Oceanview. Good variety and tasting really nice, etc. See more below from the Oceanview Cafe!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From the various buffet options in the Oceanview area, here are two of the “sweet” potentials. First, three of the cakes, etc., dessert options. Second, a carved melon “head" and nearby fruit to put on your plate. No calories in these pictures, only the real thing!:

SolsticeOceanviewDesserts.jpg

SolsticeOceanviewCarvedMelon.jpg

Terry--thanks for answering my prior questions. As you may recall we are on the Oct 23 sailing which has been twisted and turned to give us a similiar itinerary but with ports in different order. After registering, I have now discovered that the tour in Montenegro that we wanted to take, which is the same as the one you did, is already sold out. The ship is offereing a Montenegro villages tour--Zabrdje and Kotor. The drive up the mountain roads and views of the Adriatic will be similiar, but the tour offers only a snack at our stop at an Estate in Zabrdje, that has a scenic view where we will see mill and have musicians entertaining. We will not see Budva, as the tour will return for a walking tour of Kotor.

This tour is only 3 and a half hours but then you will have time in town and return to the ship on your own.

What do you think of this as an alternative? Can you think of anything more scenic or interesting, such as the tour that goes by coach and ferry? We stop at Montenegro on the day after Venice and have 2 sea days following. We are tendered from 10Am to 6PM.

Terry

I have just discovered on the actual offering for our particular cruise that there is a tour that does a trip covering the same itinerary as the cuisine tour, only they do not stop in Budva and there is only a snack when you stop in the other town. It is a 5 hour tour and offers a scenic overlook of Budva but I guess the difference in time and price accounts for the lunch. Would you think that this is a reasonable alternative to the one I mentioned above? It sounds as if people across the boards would have loved to have spent more time in Budva. This tour also returns you to kotor for a walk through the city and then "back to the ship".( LOL) familiar sound of the taxi's in the Caribbean!!!

Terry. I have just discovered on the actual offering for our particular cruise that there is a tour that does a trip covering the same itinerary as the cuisine tour, only they do not stop in Budva and there is only a snack when you stop in the other town. It is a 5 hour tour and offers a scenic overlook of Budva but I guess the difference in time and price accounts for the lunch. Would you think that this is a reasonable alternative to the one I mentioned above? It sounds as if people across the boards would have loved to have spent more time in Budva. This tour also returns you to kotor for a walk through the city and then "back to the ship".( LOL) familiar sound of the taxi's in the Caribbean!!!

Knolmom: As you may recall we are on the Oct 23 sailing which has been twisted and turned to give us a similiar itinerary but with ports in different order. After registering' date=' I have now discovered that the tour in Montenegro that we wanted to take, which is the same as the one you did, is already sold out. [/quote']

Appreciate your follow-up. Here are two suggestions. Even with the longer tour now sold-out, I would ask or seek to be on the wait-list. Maybe they will add more space and/or something could open up for you. Second, that five-hour tour gives you lots of the key basics, including making that trip up the mountain, having that great overview of the area, etc. It would be a plus to see more in Budva and/or Kotor. Both are very interesting, historic and charming. BUT, you will get lots of that character and "feel" in Dubrovnik. AND, your time is limited in Montenegro during such a narrow time window. Do your best. Hopefully it will all work out.

With your schedule being "flipped" and your sea days at the start, I hope things work out. Either way, it's a great schedule of wonderful places. Many, many great options!! Let me know any other questions. Don't be shy!!

Thanks so much for your prompt reply and suggestions about which tour to take in Montenegro after learning that the Cuisine Tour was unavailable for booking. Well lo- and- behold tonight, as I was preparing to sign up for the alternative selection that we spoke about, the Cuisine Tour was showing availability! It must work the same was a signing up for a college class at early registration--when one section fills up quickly, they often add another, even before school starts!

We(DH and I) are now set for Kotor, one of the days in Venice, Naples and Amalfi Coast, Rome and Marseilles. We will walk the wall in Dubrovnik on October 26, and it looks now like we will be doing it with upwards of 10,000 other cruisers that day if the site that displays the ships in various ports is correct.

Our group of 7 is still up in the air about Livorno/Floence. Some of our group have been there, some have seen David in the Academia, and two of us do not walk well. I do get around pretty good using a walker with a seat, and the men want to have time for pictures. I want to stop in SanGimignano on the way back. We all want a little time for shopping, and I guess we will have to eat. Some are reluctant to go private in this port, as they are afraid of missing the ship. No one wants to do Pisa. So it's still a mixed bag for Livorno, but we do have a few weeks left.

Thanks again, Terry, for all your suggestions and inspiration.

Thanks so much for your prompt reply and suggestions about which tour to take in Montenegro after learning that the Cuisine Tour was unavailable for booking. Well lo- and- behold tonight, as I was preparing to sign up for the alternative selection that we spoke about, the Cuisine Tour was showing availability! It must work the same was a signing up for a college class at early registration--when one section fills up quickly, they often add another, even before school starts! We(DH and I) are now set for Kotor, one of the days in Venice, Naples and Amalfi Coast, Rome and Marseilles. We will walk the wall in Dubrovnik on October 26, and it looks now like we will be doing it with upwards of 10,000 other cruisers that day if the site that displays the ships in various ports is correct. Our group of 7 is still up in the air about Livorno/Floence. Some of our group have been there, some have seen David in the Academia, and two of us do not walk well. I do get around pretty good using a walker with a seat, and the men want to have time for pictures. I want to stop in SanGimignano on the way back. We all want a little time for shopping, and I guess we will have to eat. Some are reluctant to go private in this port, as they are afraid of missing the ship. No one wants to do Pisa. So it's still a mixed bag for Livorno, but we do have a few weeks left. Thanks again, Terry, for all your suggestions and inspiration.

Glad to hear things have worked out and that you are booked for that Kotor tour. You'll see lots on that Montenegro tour. You will wish for more time there, especially in the cities, but remember that Kotor is in some way "Dubrovnik Lite". Both are super, wonderful places along that spectacular, scenic Croatian Coast. Sorry to hear that things will be so busy in Dubrovnik on your cruise day there. But, the weather should be cooler and more comfortable than it might be in the summer.

For the Tuscany area, YES, go private. Don't worry about missing the ship. As I noted, we used RomeInLimo and they were wonderful. The good private tour people/firms know about getting people back to the ship with plenty of time. And, they do! Don't worry! With a group of seven, they can get you to San Gimignano, see the countrysides, do shopping, etc., etc. They can put together a custom plan that works well for the specific needs and interests of your party, make things smooth and easy, etc. Just contact them, tell them I suggested it and gives them a complete listing of your specific wishes. They will come back with some ideas, options and suggestions, then you can fine-tune the plan some more, etc.

Below are a few more Tuscany and San Gimi and Pisa pictures that I had not posted previously. Maybe that will spur some added ideas to consider in Tuscany.

THANKS! Let me know any added questions or reactions. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

In charming and beautiful Tuscany, here is one of the countryside views that we all love so much.:

TuscanyCountrysideView.jpg

This is a view in San Gimignano showing the narrowness of its streets, the buildings and flags with one of the main towers that give this hill town its distinct character.:

SanGimiTowerNarrowStFlags.jpg

This is a view of a couple of towers and one of the main squares in San Gimignano.:

SanGimiTowerMainSquare.jpg

Within San Gimignano, here is a view of one of their many charming pottery shops with their great beauty and craft skills. These shops open on to the main walking street.:

SanGimiPotteryShop.jpg

On our first visit to Pisa, we were very impressed by its famed Leaning Tower. This tower is much taller than I expected. It is 185’ high. Big for that era and their construction tools/techniques! They just completed a major cleaning of the tower in the weeks before our June visit. Below shows its lower ground-level. The second shot shows the middle details for the tower. Work on the white marble campanile began in1173, during a period of Pisa’s military success and financial prosperity. The tower began to sink as construction started on the second floor in 1178. This was due to having only a three-meter foundation, set in weak, unstable, sandy subsoil. Construction was halted for almost a century, due to the Republic of Pisa being almost continually engaged in battles with the city-states of Genoa, Lucca and Florence. The seventh floor was completed in 1319. The bell-chamber was added in 1372. Also impressive here are the Pisa Baptistry (begun in the mid 12th century) and Duomo (main) church (construction started in 1064 as a model of Pisan Romanesque style of architecture). Pisa has a couple of major universities here. There is another church here that also has a leaning (and shorter) tower. We drove by that site, also. Two leaning towers in Pisa! How many knew that?:

PisaTowerBaseSlant.jpg

PisaTowerMiddleClose.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On the three above questions, here goes:

1. Venice Transport: We decided to do the ship’s shuttle. For me, who wanted time the next morning in Venice, it worked well. For my wife and our fellow Central Ohio travelers, they just did the ship shuttle for that first afternoon and evening. We got in and off the ship a little early and were departing in that shuttle a little before 2 pm. They had a local company providing the shuttles. I’m glad I did this option. The Venice “bus” boats would have been OK, but it takes time getting to those stations and traveling the Grand Canal can be a little slow and crowded.

Hi Terry,

You mentioned that you went with the ship's shuttle. Can you still travel the Grand Canal with the ship's shuttle? And do you remember how much it is?

At first, I was thinking of buying the Vaporetto pass. However, after reading about having to walk to the People Mover before being able to get on the vaporetto, it seems like doing the ship's shuttle might be the better option.

What is the latest time available for the ship's shuttle? And do they just take you from the ship's port to St Mark's Square? Are there stops in other places?

Thanks!

Hi Terry, You mentioned that you went with the ship's shuttle. Can you still travel the Grand Canal with the ship's shuttle? And do you remember how much it is? At first, I was thinking of buying the Vaporetto pass. However, after reading about having to walk to the People Mover before being able to get on the vaporetto, it seems like doing the ship's shuttle might be the better option. What is the latest time available for the ship's shuttle? And do they just take you from the ship's port to St Mark's Square? Are there stops in other places? Thanks!

Excellent follow-up question. Venice and that sail-in on the Solstice are clearly one of the top, best highlights for this cruise. The ship's shuttle travels the quicker, shorter routing going directly to near St. Mark's. That means the shuttle does not traveling via the much longer Grand Canal routing. Sorry! To go via the Grand Canal would take two to three times longer to get there from the ship. That's why the ship shuttle takes the shorter route.

The ship's shuttle does not make any stops enroute. It goes straight to the drop off point a little east of the Doge's Palace. As I re-call, the ship shuttle ran until around midnight and started back up around 8 am the next morning. On cost, I recall it being $22 for round-trip on that first afternoon and evening there. It was $36 for both that first and second day in Venice.

Below are some added Grand Canal views from our visit to Venice that I had not posted earlier. There are "trade-offs" at work!! You would like to travel and see all that is there along the banks of the Grand Canal. It is lined with more than 170 buildings, most of which date from the 13th to 18th century. Those historic buildings demonstrate the wealth and art created by the then powerful Republic of Venice and rich families. But, you will see many of those great styles and design on the ship's shuttle route, too, plus as you explore around Venice in other areas of this charming city.

Here are four more views in and around the Grand Canal that I had not posted previously. This canal makes a large S-shape through Venice over its 3,800-meter-long distance. The Grand Canal is 30–90 meters wide, with an average depth of 16.5 feet. First, looking southwest from near the Rialto Bridge shows a variety of boats on this canal. Second, looking northwest from the bridge, shows a sampling of colorful buildings along this famed waterway. Third, from a smaller canal, this shows an opening to the larger Grand Canal. Finally, there is a view from the bridge at the Academy Museum going towards the docking area near St. Mark’s.:

VeniceGrCanalBluePostsBoat.jpg

VeniceGrCanalBldgViewFrmBridge.jpg

VeniceGrCanalSideViewBldgs.jpg

VeniceGrCanalAcad2StMarks.jpg

Terry, the pic of the pottery shop in San Gimignano; you can almost feel the smoothness of the glaze as the sun shines on it. It really highlights how dull the rest of the pottery is in the shop. Did you photshop the colours?

I really like how you pick out photo opportunities such as these. :)

Terry, the pic of the pottery shop in San Gimignano; you can almost feel the smoothness of the glaze as the sun shines on it. It really highlights how dull the rest of the pottery is in the shop. Did you photshop the colours? I really like how you pick out photo opportunities such as these. :)

drco: Thanks Terry for all the information. Really helpful.

Appreciate the follow-up and kind comments. On the question about whether I "photoshopped" the pictures' date=' NO, I don't have photoshop. I did use my iPhoto on my MacBook Pro laptop to lighten up the interior of the retail shop so that it would not be as dark compared to the items getting more sunlight at the outside entrance to this store in San Gimi. Just balancing out the exposure that was done without a flash. [b']Really love the Italian pottery items we saw during our cruise stops.[/b]

Keep the good questions rolling along. THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

• 2 weeks later...

It's good that people are still checking out your pictures and posts. We were on the cruise with you and enjoy looking at your great photos!

I wanted to ask a couple of questions. First, anything you would do different from what you did and scheduled? Second, any other special pictures you like that you had not previously posted?

It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife in person. You helped us with our research of this amazing trip. Thank You Again :)

Cheers,

Lisa

Thanks for sharing. Will be on similar cruise on Solstice in May 2012. Jimbo

THANKS for the nice comments from Jimbo and Lisa! Will respond in more detail to Lisa's questions soon. Just that little pesky "thing" called work right now. Not retired and needing to earn some money for that next cruise and travel adventure. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Terry,

Your pictures of Kotor have only reinforced my desire to go there on our next Mediterranean cruise.

Great pictures. Enjoy your trip.

Terry: Your pictures are great. We just returned from an Oceania cruise and they had to skip the stop in Kotor because bad weather delayed our departure from Dubrovnik. It looks like we missed a gorgeous harbor.

Terry: Your pictures are great. We just returned from an Oceania cruise and they had to skip the stop in Kotor because bad weather delayed our departure from Dubrovnik. It looks like we missed a gorgeous harbor.

Sorry you missed your stop in Kotor. That harbor/fjord, walled town, etc., were wonderful for us with the great weather and what we saw there and nearby. That "miss" gives you a good reason to go back to the area and see more. Montenegro will be growing its attractiveness and as a "must-see" stop as more people see it and spread the word.

For Lisa, she asked "First, anything you would do different from what you did and scheduled? Second, any other special pictures you like that you had not previously posted?" Personally, in several ports, I would have "pushed harder" and done more such exploring in Rome and for the southern France coast. BUT, when traveling with my wife and two friends, there is a "group responsibility". It's their vacation, too!! Not just my adventure. They like to relax and not have too much of a go, go; try to see more and more. That's always a challenge on a cruise with so many great ports and options. More to see and do than time available. It all worked out fine and hopefully there will be more future travel options there to see added places in these many great cities and areas.

For added pictures, below are some more from Venice that I had not previously posted. Venice is such a great city. On this cruise we had the unique experience of doing the sail-in and sail-out that was so special.

From an earlier posting that I did with many options and visual potentials shown for this city that is so great for "walking around", here is a weblink for some 1999 and earlier pictures. Plus, many other details and items of information if you are planning to visit Venice. Or, bring back memories from being there earlier.

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226&highlight=venice

As we sailed into Venice on the Solstice, here is one of the views up a smaller canal, with a stone bridge, people and various buildings providing that great sampling of this unique city’s charm and architecture. It is much more just a few historic buildings there. It’s all over this city!:

VeniceUpCanalBldgsBridge.jpg

From near the Doge’s Palace, here is the view across the main waterway to San Giorgio Maggiore, a 16th century Benedictine church built between 1566 and 1610. Also shown is a gondola and passengers in the foreground. There were eight to ten thousand gondolas during the 17th and 18th century with only about four hundred in active service today in Venice:

VeniceGondolaStMarkAcrossH2O.jpg

From the St. Mark's Campanile tower in Venice, here is a view looking across San Marco Piazza (with the shadow of this 323’ high tower showing in this picture?. In the first visual below, we are looking towards where the Solstice is docked at the top, right side of the picture. Lots of great views in all directions from this tower. The tower is topped by a pyramidal spire with a golden weathervane in the form of the archangel Gabriel. The campanile reached its present form in 1514. The current tower was reconstructed in 1912 after the collapse of 1902. The tower was originally used as a watch tower for the dock. It is now one of Venice’s most famous symbols. The original Campanile inspired the designs of other towers worldwide. The second picture shows a couple looking out towards another part of this historic city from this unique vantage point.:

VeniceTowerView2ShipEtc.jpg

VeniceTowerViewCity2People.jpg

On the clock tower (dating to 1500) overlooking San Marco Piazza and St. Mark’s, here is a view of the famed lion of Venice and other artistic carvings on this unique structure that is still working, doing its chimes, etc.:

VeniceClockTowerEagleBook.jpg

St. Mark’s is still an active church. Here is a priest preparing to serve members in one of the side chapels in this large cathedral in Venice.:

VeniceStMarksPriestSideChapel.jpg

Edited by TLCOhio

Per Lisa's request, here are a few more from Venice that I had not posted previously. Hope these bring back nice memories and/or preview for upcoming visitors what a festival of treasures are there in this historic city.

Now over 46,000 views and appreciate those who have tuned in and made comments, asked questions. Let me know any added interest, inquiries, etc.

On our sail-in, this view shows the heart of Venice with the Campanile tower and its 323’ size, the St. Mark’s Cathedral domes, the Doge’s Palace, etc.:

VeniceOverallTowerDomesDoges-1.jpg

From our docked ship, here is a view that shows Venice is more than just the Campanile tower. Here are also St. Mark’s Cathedral domes and many other towers, churches in this famed city for this vantage on the Solstice at its docking place.:

VeniceDockTowersChurchesView.jpg

Near the Doge’s Palace in Venice, here is one of the gondola drivers with his famed hat and shirt.:

VeniceGondolaDriverHatShirt.jpg

Here is another view inside the mask shop hidden on the back-streets of Venice. We had discovered this great place in 1999 and were lucky to find it again as we explored a little off of the typical tourist streets of Venice. They have such delightful and creative designs serving more of a professional customer base. It is not just a tourist place with imported “stuff”. It is called Tragi comica. Their web address is http://www.tragicomica.it. :

VeniceMaskshop2.jpg

At night in Venice it is a totally different and more magical city. Here were are ready to enter San Marco Piazza at sunset. You see the Campanile tower, St. Mark’s Cathedral and people. The bands on this square are playing. So wonderful and charming!:

VeniceSanMarcoSqNight.jpg

On our sail-out (also a great must see and do) in Venice, this was the view as passengers were on the top deck seeing the various churches and historic buildings.:

VeniceSailOutShipView.jpg

Terry,

Thanks for the new photos! The Venice sail in/out was like being in a King Kong movie.....Surreal! I am posting a photo that I took of a ship that was much smaller than our Solstice as it weaved through Venice area in front of us. So amazing to be able to see Venice from that "birds eye" view. Also a couple of my other favorite Venice photos.

For the sail out we had a bottle of champagne sent to our room and enjoyed the gorgeous views from our private balcony. It was only $20 for the champagne on ice and champagne glasses to be waiting for us in our room. The experience was priceless!!

Cheers fellow Cruisers!

Lisa and Len

P1030811.jpg.6b8dd9057212829e2b6fd80b5c4a5078.jpg

P1030947.jpg.79ded743ff4ea3f7138f9163e4500287.jpg

P1040059.jpg.afd056b829ab19fb27450ce440196927.jpg

Terry, How do I get the photos to appear large like the ones you post? Thanks, Lisa

Terry' date=' Thanks for the new photos! The Venice sail in/out was like being in a King Kong movie.....Surreal! I am posting a photo that I took of a ship that was much smaller than our Solstice as it weaved through Venice area in front of us. So amazing to be able to see Venice from that "birds eye" view. Also a couple of my other favorite Venice photos. For the sail out we had a bottle of champagne sent to our room and enjoyed the gorgeous views from our private balcony. It was only $20 for the champagne on ice and champagne glasses to be waiting for us in our room. [b']The experience was priceless!![/b] Cheers fellow Cruisers! Lisa and Len

Agree, Lisa, that the sail-in and sail-out experiences for Venice were "priceless!!". Wonderful trip highlight!!! Along with many others. Great idea on what you did with the Champagne on the balcony. Appreciate posting some of your pictures.

For posting larger photos to these boards, your FIRST STEP is pick an outside web source that will store or “host” your pictures to be posted. Cruise Critic does not have the space to do larger pictures on their site. You can check such places as photobucket.com, imageshack.com, photoshow.com, flickr.com, picasa.google.com etc. I’ve used photobucket.com and have been pleased with how they upload, etc. SECOND, you need to make an export of your picture in a size such as around 1000 pixel wide by about 700 to your desktop of your computer. That’s the approximate size that I use for this purpose. If you make your file too big for posting, then it slows the process and takes long to upload, etc. THIRD, you use this outside web host to which you upload these different pictures sitting on your desktop. FOURTH, after uploading each picture, you will make a copy of that imbedded address in your file for future posting purposes. It will have have the square parentheses or bracket symbols before and after the capital letter IMG at the start and end of this location on your photo storage site.

Then as you want to post each different picture, you would, FIFTH STEP, copy and paste that imbedded address file for each picture as a part of your message on the CC Boards. In my files, I also have brief written description of each picture and have them grouped by the different city or country locations. With this imbedded file address, the reader on these boards doesn’t have to check on anything or paste to their web browser. It just pops up showing the picture. Does this help? Let us know how it works out and/or any added questions. It will hopefully pop up as these couple of pictures do below. You can preview your post to see if it's working OK before doing the actual post to these CC boards.

That was very interesting to me, as I'm sailing on the 16 Nov, and have always wanted to visit Barcelona. Now I have a chance because on the last day of my cruise my flight doesn't leave till 8pm so I have 8 hours to kill and with looking at some of the photos you have posted, it gives me a good idea of what to look for. Lovely photos on the site. Thank You

Lilyrose123