insurance question

Do any of the travel insurances still waive the pre existing health conditions if you buy the insurance within the next day or 2 after booking a cruise?

I was just on insuremytrip.com and didnt see anything other than 60 days from the time of booking.:confused:

Bill

Yes, several do. I personally always purchase TruTravel Insurance (First Class) because of the high med evac amount and the high medical amount.

Both are PRIMARY coverage. The plan I purchase has a Pre-existing waiver if I purchase within 21 days of my initial trip payment. I always book my cruise and then immediately purchase my travel insurance because I need the pre-existing waiver. :rolleyes:

This was decided after actually calling Insuremytrip and asking questions. I needed to find a plan for me that offered primary coverage since my own health insurance plan will not cover me if I put one big toe outside the US. I don't have the delay of having to have the claims filed to my own insurance, then denied and then filed to the travel insurance.

Have filed trip insurance three times over the years. Two times it was because family members I was traveling with became ill prior to the trip (as in hospitalized the night before departure). Once I became ill on disembarkation day and ended up in the ER on the way home. Claims were easy to file and reimbursement for out of pocket expenses were quick.

Yes, several do. I personally always purchase TruTravel Insurance (First Class) because of the high med evac amount and the high medical amount.

Both are PRIMARY coverage. The plan I purchase has a Pre-existing waiver if I purchase within 21 days of my initial trip payment. I always book my cruise and then immediately purchase my travel insurance because I need the pre-existing waiver. :rolleyes:

This was decided after actually calling Insuremytrip and asking questions. I needed to find a plan for me that offered primary coverage since my own health insurance plan will not cover me if I put one big toe outside the US. I don't have the delay of having to have the claims filed to my own insurance, then denied and then filed to the travel insurance.

Have filed trip insurance three times over the years. Two times it was because family members I was traveling with became ill prior to the trip (as in hospitalized the night before departure). Once I became ill on disembarkation day and ended up in the ER on the way home. Claims were easy to file and reimbursement for out of pocket expenses were quick.

Thanks for the reply. I got my inurance.:)

Bill

travel guard gives you a fifty thousand remimbursable policy that extends 52 weeks from the onset of illness as long as initial treatment is received while on your vacation. It also includes medivac. Very comprehensive plan. Just my opinion.

I always call insuremytrip dot com...They handle many different insurance groups....I talk to them directly because you can ask them direct questions and get anything you need....

Archived