Notes no more??

stomsf

Someone on another post indicated that Notes is no longer available on the Summit and has been replaced as an acupucture area. Is this true on all M-class ships? I would have been able to check for myself a few months from now on the Constellation, but unfortunately we had to cancel. :(

Notes has always been one of our favorite places to have quiet time with some great tunes.

I am hoping this is only rumor and conjecture as the OP was in an X-bashing mode. :eek:

Apparently Notes is gone on Summit or at least isn't where it was.

Pictures on Kroooz-cams

recently showed the computer classroom moved into one level of Notes and

apparently the other level is accuuncture. Looks like the same thing is

happening on Connie - check the classroom pictures on K-C . We are on Summit Apr. 22 and although curious about Notes,

didn't plan to spend much time there. Much sooner listen to my CD player on the

balcony.

Yes notes is gone...and as you indicate was replaced by the computer classroom and acupuncture. Both of which are revenue producing. That being said 'tunes' were available from the librarian when we were on the Constellation over the holidays.

Re: Notes being replaced. What a shame that the little things that made Celebritiy stand out (in my opinion), are being replaced by revenue producing products. When Celebrity went to a "no discount" policy, I did not complain because I was willing to pay for the upscale atmosphere that Celebrity presents itself to be. When cruising I enjoy the beauty of the ship and the little areas that make it quaint and unique. I don't mind paying for some extras, spa treatments, etc., but I hate to think that every part of the ship will gradually be replaced by someone or something hawking some new products, isn't that what we get off at the islands for, lol. In all seriousness, I certainly hope that Celebrity is not becoming so mass marketed (think Carnival), that they will no longer attract their most loyal passengers. I am eagerly awaiting my Dec. cruise on the Connie, and I hope and expect to still find Celebrity what it started out to be, but will take note of the absence (if any) of the old Celebrity.

Barbara

Another thougt (maybe I have too much time on my hands, lol), but I was also posting in regards to TA's holding space on ships (see TA's holding space post) and how this effects pricing, etc. I wonder if by TA's holding so much space that in the end, the cabins are selling at really low prices and this is why some of these amentities are being taken away.

The only reason this amenity would be taken away is if not enough people were using it. I must say, I've been on 17 Celebrity cruises and very seldom see anyone in Notes. Most people who are real music fans bring their own, especially with the advent of MP3 players etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I did like having NOTES, but used it little. I do worry about one of my favorite perks--using the computers was free UNLESS you needed the internet. My husband played games when he got distracted with work worries, we posted our digital photos to the intranet and downloaded them to CDs. It was great. I hope that is not gone, too.

Notes will be going off the Millie during dry dock in Nov. I was on about a week ago and it was closed since nothing worked. To bad, people had to go and break (and steal the headphone) stuff and get it taken away from others.

I just got off the Constellation. While I never used Notes on my previous 4 weeks on the Millennium, I did use the Accupuncture at Sea 3 times this past week.

I had liked Michael's Club when it was a cigar lounge and was disappointed when it became a piano lounge. The first time it was a bad experience because the piano player was to bad. This past week it was one of my favorite places (so was "the bar at the edge of the Earth") and it had a fantastic piano player/entertainer.

When Notes was installed there was no such thing as an iPod. When Michael's Club was installed cigars were big business. Times change and the ship's facilities must too.

It is not all bad...in fact, much is pretty darn good.

The only reason this amenity would be taken away is if not enough people were using it. I must say, I've been on 17 Celebrity cruises and very seldom see anyone in Notes. Most people who are real music fans bring their own, especially with the advent of MP3 players etc.

Exactly.

Every time I walked by Notes on the Millie there were very few people in there.

Underused area on the boat.

I'm wondering when they will combine the library one level and Notes on the other.

Archived