An "Epic" European Adventure -Review of Western Med with pics

elsplace2

I've just booked the Epic out of Barcelona for May 2014 and am so excited for this cruise, even tough it's more than a year away! Elsplace2, your review is awesome.

We are also from Va Beach, and I'm curious to hear what airline/routing you used to get to Barcelona. We can't buy our air tix just yet because it it too far out, but I'm trying to figure out what routing might be easiest/least expensive. Appreciate any info you can give about our air arrangements, even though I realize it was a few years ago now...

I've just booked the Epic out of Barcelona for May 2014 and am so excited for this cruise, even tough it's more than a year away! Elsplace2, your review is awesome.

We are also from Va Beach, and I'm curious to hear what airline/routing you used to get to Barcelona. We can't buy our air tix just yet because it it too far out, but I'm trying to figure out what routing might be easiest/least expensive. Appreciate any info you can give about our air arrangements, even though I realize it was a few years ago now...

For us, we leave for Barcelona on May 10th on the EPIC. Our first time on this ship, bt 2nd trip to Europe.

But after looking at all flights, we decided to arrive early to enjoy Barcelona and come back same day as we disembark. For us, from Orlando, we fly into Philly, then direct to Barcelona over night (leave Friday, arrive in BAR Saturday 8:30am, staying in Hotel Jazz one night). On the way back, we fly out of Barcelona direct to Philly and then into ORL (leave Sun get home Sun). Both ways on US Airways.

We saw other options to fly from ORL to London, then Barcelona or ORL to Miami then to Barcelona, but the return trip didn't meet what we were looking for.

Good luck.

Edited by Grillfish

Hi Heater! Glad you found my review and brought it back to life again!!

We didn't want to many connecting flights, so we found one from Norfolk to JFK to Barcelona...of course it was a few hours delayed, but we went a couple of days early to enjoy Barcelona, which I highly recommend.....as you saw from my review there's LOTS to see in Barcelona! As far as least expensive we watched the prices from the moment they went on sale....bought them on Christmas Eve which was the cheapest we saw....glad we did because they went up again.....I believe we paid around $1000 after fees.

I hope this helps! If you have anymore questions I'll try to remember from back then and help you out.....we are out of town right now so I don't have my notes....yep I still kept my notes....LOL If you do have another question it may take a day or two to get back to you.....Anyway, glad you enjoyed my review! Enjoy your cruise, you will LOVE it!

jdvmd and govikes glad you enjoyed my review too, I hope you found some helpful tips! Enjoy your cruise!

Grillfish you will love the Epic! Hope you have a great cruise!

Edited by elsplace2

• 11 months later...
I honestly don't recall that!! I do know that of all the half dozen cruises around the Med I've done that was the smooth, calmest one though.:D

I have only done Caribbean cruises but will be doing a euro one on the epic in October is the water very choppy there that time of year?