OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! B2B Allure!!!

Makes sense. Thanks for the info. Also, I guess the cabin attendant could change even if you keep the same cabin.

Must be a different system for the cabin attendants. We have had the same ones on our B2B cruises.

-

Got some great info from RCCL today regarding our bookings that others might be interested in:

1) If you are B2B, there is a B2B "desk" through the 800 number that will connect your ressies so you don't have to move and will get cruise cards the night before, etc. So I spoke to this lady and she linked all of our ressies.

2) Our children are FINE to be in their own balcony room even though they are under 21 because it is a connecting room. She had to do a special "override" to make this happen but now the kids are in the balcony next door. Turns out it is cheaper for them to have connecting balconies than for us to have them as 3rd/4th passengers in our OS! :eek:

3) They lost older my DD's Crown and Anchor number somehow (she's sailed once -- on Mariner in 2010). They didn't have a record of her sailing at all. I panicked but they just asked me when she sailed (and I said look at our last sailing as a family to see the exact date). They pulled her up instantly and voila, we were good to go. Her previous cruise credit was reinstated and they now have her number on the Allure sailing.

YIPEEEEEEE.

Wish 2013 was next year! Katherine

• 1 month later...
Lizz

Please please let me know how it goes! Do you mind possibly finding out what is the youngest age one can do snuba? I would love for my younger girl to come with us too.

I would really, really appreciate it! Katherine

Hi Katherine!

Sorry for the late reply but I wanted to let you know about the snuba in st thomas. The experience was amazing, however I have some complaints. The staff was a little harsh and a bit disorganized. First we took one of the big safari taxis to the beach. Because we have to dock in a different port, it's a pretty good drive. Then they split us into 3 groups of 8. While one group was doing their snuba, the rest of the people were snorkeling. The water in the beach we were at was not very good- cloudy and not many fish. My boyfriend and I were in the last group, so it was a very, very long wait to get to do our snuba turn. Once we finally got to do snuba, it was a really awesome experience. There were more fish down where the snorkeling couldn't get to. It was only about a 15min turn though. So while it was fun, it was very short. I would take a look at the snuba in st maarten, you may enjoy that one more. Overall it was very fun though! I hope this helps you out a bit!

-Lizz

Thank you so much Lizz! That helps tremendously! I definitely would not want to make a long drive and wait forever for 15 minutes of snuba. I don't think my kids would enjoy the loooong wait. We have gone diving in St Maarten before and it was pretty cloudy the day we went but it's hard to know if that's because there was some weather the days prior or if visibility is just not that great there. I wonder if we could arrange a snuba in St John when we dock in STT? That would be awesome! I am going to look into this in more detail. I appreciate your feeback.

Katherine

Wow thats great!- we just got off the ALLURE. eastern route. If you choose to see the beach where the airplanes land in SINT MARTEEN FIND OUT THE SCHEDULE of the BIG planes landing. we went there and missed all the big planes landing that day. nothing to see there. We did goto ORIENT BEACH. stayed at le'string bikinis for lunch. nice deal chairs on the beach with umbrella and a free drink - food was good too. GOTTA try the GUAVABERRY COLADA... OMG. Yes theres some nudity walking around but mostly everyone was dressed in full bikinis that we saw. enjoy.

• 1 year later...

Hi Joan,

I see you went on both Oasis and Allure B2B cruises. My girlfriend and I went on the Oasis Eastern this time last year. We had such a wonderful time and we were thinking of doing a B2B either E/W Oasis or E/W Allure next year for our honeymoon. We read a few reviews of Allure that have not been very complimentary of the service (and somewhat even the food) on Allure. Can you offer some insight? We were very impressed with Oasis service and would be disappointed if the service on Allure didn't measure up.

Thanks!

Hi Joan,

I see you went on both Oasis and Allure B2B cruises. My girlfriend and I went on the Oasis Eastern this time last year. We had such a wonderful time and we were thinking of doing a B2B either E/W Oasis or E/W Allure next year for our honeymoon. We read a few reviews of Allure that have not been very complimentary of the service (and somewhat even the food) on Allure. Can you offer some insight? We were very impressed with Oasis service and would be disappointed if the service on Allure didn't measure up.

Thanks!

Funny, but we sort of felt the opposite! While service on both was very good, we felt Allure's was a little better. I don't know if it was because we had an outstanding cabin steward and fixed dining (so had the same servers each week). Our cabin steward was very nice on Oasis, but we had been totally spoiled by Zaby (who is running a travel agency in Peru now) on Allure and had MTD on Oasis. We had reservations, but never requested a specific table or servers. In fact, the second week on Oasis, we never ate in the MDR. Just found other places to eat.

All that being said -- we'd sail on either one of them in a heartbeat!! :D

Funny, but we sort of felt the opposite! While service on both was very good, we felt Allure's was a little better. I don't know if it was because we had an outstanding cabin steward and fixed dining (so had the same servers each week). Our cabin steward was very nice on Oasis, but we had been totally spoiled by Zaby (who is running a travel agency in Peru now) on Allure and had MTD on Oasis. We had reservations, but never requested a specific table or servers. In fact, the second week on Oasis, we never ate in the MDR. Just found other places to eat.

All that being said -- we'd sail on either one of them in a heartbeat!! :D

Hey thanks Joan!

That was very helpful. I know there are always going to be those kinda people out there that just can't have fun no matter where they are. My Girlfriend and I are just the opposite. We love just being together and i'm sure that the Allure is going to work out just great. Thanks again for the post!

Archived