Spa question....answer asap

CruiseGal97

It varies by ship. I believe the sauna is no charge on the Inspiration. Also there are nice large showers available for no extra fee. No free services on any ship that I know of. I think technically the sauna is considered a no extra fee facility; there won't be a staff member to provide more than the key to a locker. Just checkin at the front desk and they trade your sail and sign card for a locker key.

I don't believe the steam rooms are free. I think you can only use them if you get a spa treatment or if you are staying in a spa room. The spa sells a limited number of packages which allows you access to the steam rooms/thalassotherapy pool/sauna/showers etc. without having to be in a spa category room. I've read that without the pass you can at least use the showers which are spacious and have massaging showerheads.

I don't believe the steam rooms are free. I think you can only use them if you get a spa treatment or if you are staying in a spa room. The spa sells a limited number of packages which allows you access to the steam rooms/thalassotherapy pool/sauna/showers etc. without having to be in a spa category room. I've read that without the pass you can at least use the showers which are spacious and have massaging showerheads.

the showers/the co-ed sauna on the dream will be free to all guest- the other areas will be for people with spa cabins or pay for the passes.

Does this ship not have a gym?

Hi there. The sauna, gym, hot tub, showers are free (steam room generally isn't), but if you are looking for a free treatment that won't happen UNLESS you get up to the spa deck on embarkation day as soon as you get on board, and ask if they need a model - sometimes they will do a demo of a hot stone massage or even the ionithermie.

If this doesn't happen, I have some tips that I compiled while working on board in my article http://cruisingchronicles.weebly.com/3/post/2011/06/free-spa-pampering.html - just simple stuff to make you feel like you went to the spa, but really didn't have to pay - however, I will tell you, the spa packages come up with some awesome prices, like $80 for a foot/ankle massage, shoulder/neck massage, hair treatment ... so be sure to ask about the package deals they have!

Most ships I have been in have the steam room on the outer area of the locker room,,,you can set in it and enjoy the ocean view as you steam. I have never been charged and most of the time I am alone. One time a guy came in,,stayed about 5 minutes and left. They are free unless they have changed since my last cruise.

I have never had to pay for a steam shower on any of my cruises. As far as I know they are free as well as the sauna, showers, pool, or hot tub (depending on which ship) and lockers. For a locker you just go into the spa enterance hand them your card and they will give you a key. There are also towels in the locker room. Enjoyd!!!:D

Archived