San Juan

I know that it is not necessary to have a passport to visit San Juan on a cruise, but do you need one to fly there?

I know that it is best to have a passport, and I do already have one, but I have a friend who does not.

I know that it is not necessary to have a passport to visit San Juan on a cruise, but do you need one to fly there?

I know that it is best to have a passport, and I do already have one, but I have a friend who does not.

You do not need a passport to travel to/from San Juan, whether by sea or air, as it is a U.S. Commonwealth.

You would only need a photo ID to get on the plane (as you would to fly anywhere), but flying from anywhere in the US to San Juan is no different than flying from Miami to Atlanta for example.

I wish that people would understand that San Juan may eventually become a state. About 45% of the people on the island voted for that several years ago. Know your own country! You could fly from San Juan to St. Thomas, St. Thomas to Los Angeles, Los Angeles to Hawaii, and then Hawaii to Gaum, all without showing a passport as it is all the United States.

Archived