Star Flyer July 9,2011 Athens to Istanbul

muskatnuss

Oh - my travel agent got the times a couple of months ago - but said Star Clippers really wanted to caution that the times are subject to change:-) But it's funny they don't include that with the final documents. I mean I wouldn't have gotten them if my travel agent hadn't specifically contacted them to get the times for me.

Pam

Muskatnuss,

I enjoyed those links! It was so fun to see the German connection like that! I did not have access to anything online like that! But the times on that site were the same as the ones I had - so that is good:-) I am down to just a couple of days! Tomorrow is doing wash and finishing off my packing. Saturday will be a trip to the hair salon, visiting parents, and last-minute shopping. And we will be ready to leave at 4:30 on Sunday morning!

Pam

Hi Muskatnuss!

I had fun looking up the German translations. I thought I knew what you said, but wanted to confirm:-) We leave on Sunday morning and will arrive in Athens on Monday morning. It is a long haul to get there from Iowa:-) We are staying a day in Athens and then flying the next day to Santorini. We've been there a couple of times and think it is really something!!! We are staying for 4 nights and then flying back to get on the Star Clipper for 2 weeks. We will also stop there on one of our cruises - but that's just fine:-)

Hi Meldreth!

We've been talking for such a long time! I can't believe it's almost time for our trips!!!

Pam

Meldreth!!! Meldreth!!! Are you offline until you board the ship??? Can't leave me here alone!!! Is it as cold in Cambridge, as it is here in Germany??? I'm sitting with a jumper on, a scarf around my shoulders and a glass of red wine.....Hope it's warmer in Greece!!!

Nutmeg (Muskatnuss)

Meldreth... I have a wish...Vanille Extract...big bottle...If you have some weight free...I'll share a bottle of Champagne with you....And pay for the Vanille Extract.....

So, even without the vanille. We will write this week, OK??? Have a nice weekend. Pam have a nice time. We are bbq-ing tomorrow!!!

Bye!!!

I have to ask about the vanilla extract? I know they don't grow it in England:-)

We are also cloudy and cool and have been most of the spring and into summer. We have had some excessively humid and hot days, but those have been in the minority. I am so hoping for some sun in Greece, but find it hard to believe there is sun anywhere!!!

I am done packing! I've got to get the kitchen cleaned up yet tonight (we too are enjoying some red wine with our dinner:-) and we will be out and about bright and early tomorrow (well it won't be bright when we leave:-)

I sure hope I somehow can run into the 2 of you on July 9!!!

Enjoy that BBQ!

Pam

Do hope that Pam has a nice trip. Maybe she will go to an internet cafe and say hello. Vanille extract is exactly what we put in cakes and puddings. In germany I can't get the type I want. Just noticed that I'm down to 1 or 2 Teaspoons!!! Oh, my!!!

Just made some Noodle salad for the BBQ. Hope the weather stays! Lamb chops, and stuff. Have to train my tummy for our holiday!!! The food is so good on the Clipper ships.

129. Our favorite. Take it everytime if possible. The bottle should just be about 12 ounces or 250 ml. No more!!!

Thanks in advance.. Just in case you or I just get real busy, wish you a good flight, a great first week without me, a better 2nd week with me, and the best weather ever. Will be wearing an AIDA-cap. Well, maybe I'll put on a t-shirt and shorts.

I have alot of PC work to do before we go. Take care!!!

I am going to the shop on Thursday after my hair is done and I have been to my daughter-in-law's beauty salon...... if I can find the Vanilla Extract I will buy some for you! Lot's of last minute things to do this week , will be leaving here on Friday afternoon after taking our dog to stay with friends.

OK. Thank you for trying. I thought Vanille Extract was just as popular as salt and pepper in the UK. Because of the many West Indians (me) and others. If it causes a problem, don't over exert yourself. You're going on holiday!!!

I'm anxious about who is captain and Tour Manager...oh, am I excited!!!

It is quite common in England.... but we live in a very rural area, I must go to the town to the shops. It is about 8miles drive , and I am going to the Town on Thursday. We have one tiny shop that is open 2 hours a day in our hamlet but they don't sell very much! We are having thunderstorms all day so far today :(. Good job I do not ned any washing to dry! I have bathed the dog and given her a nice haircut ready for her holiday (miniature poodle) this morning. Another job ticked off the list.

Oh yes please! We'll schare 2 bottles of champagne - and I'll pay for the extract. Just checking out patmos, kos and chios. chios - ouzo!!! kos - herbs and spices!!! patmos - hiking up the hill to the monastery.....

love it!!!

Oh yes please! We'll schare 2 bottles of champagne - and I'll pay for the extract. Just checking out patmos, kos and chios. chios - ouzo!!! kos - herbs and spices!!! patmos - hiking up the hill to the monastery.....

love it!!!

And pay for the champagne, of course. :D

Great! (my husband only likes champagne with Guinness in it ;)!!!!!!!!!!)

Off to the beautician this morning...... and French Class this afternoon. The sun has come back here so hubby is going to cut all the lawns. Not long now .........................

Archived