Whoo Hoo! A new thread that's NOT about smoking!

pyroguy

:D

Anyway - we will be on the Liberty for my wife's birthday in November (We're doing the Eastern Carib route).

She told me she would like to get a massage on our cruise. I've read a few things about the massages that they just try to upsell you and if you don't bite, you get treated poorly.

I haven't really read any *good* massage/spa experiences.

Any experience with this? Is it worth the money? Good birthday gift for my wife?

Thanks.

hi pyroguy,

interesting that you got no replys for a "real question" not concerning smoking!

my wife stayed onboard for one stop once and had a wonderful experience in the spa. No upsell, friendly people, and a wonderful massage. Since it was a port day, it was also about 1/2 price!!!!

later

bob (non-smoker)

I'd say the spas are comparable to a decent dayspa on land. I've only gone maybe 4 or 5 times, I have never been treated poorly but yes they do try (sometimes very hard) to upsell products you can"t possibly live without. In my experience the upsell attempt was always after the service/s. I think it"s worth the $ & would be a really sweet gift!

I get at least one massage every cruise. The massage is great and relaxing. Afterwards is a pain, they try to sell you products. I mean really try and I hate that part. Last cruise I told her after my massage, if you don't try to sell me anything I am a Great tipper, otherwise not so much. Enjoy your cruise! :D

Yep, upsell isn't really the word......product pushing is more like it. They tell you about all the areas they think you need help and then try to sell you a product that will help with that. My mom fell for it and spent $200 on stuff I don't think she even uses.

They have only ever tried to sell to me after the massage, so it doesn't ruin the massage b/c you go hassled beforehand. The point is to relax you and then you r in a good mood to sell you stuff, lol. I've mainly told the spa people that I would rather come back and spend $200 on another massage and tips;). They got the hint and let off and I did come back for another massage with the same girl and she got a nice tip the second time too.

I've NEVER had a bad massage on a cruise. The motion of the ocean and the nice music, the low lights, the warm oils...........it is WONDERFUL.

I get at least one massage every cruise. The massage is great and relaxing. Afterwards is a pain, they try to sell you products. I mean really try and I hate that part. Last cruise I told her after my massage, if you don't try to sell me anything I am a Great tipper, otherwise not so much. Enjoy your cruise! :D

I love that! I am so going to use your line. Thanks!! I still have the $50 bottles of "Stuff" I bought two years ago.... You are a smart cookie!

I remember seeing a price list at one time, but I can't find it on the Carnival site. Does anyone have that link?

I wish I did but I can say I have never paid more than $100 for a massage and I get 2 per cruise. I always check the daily specials they have. Especially on port days! :)

Anyway - we will be on the Liberty for my wife's birthday in November (We're doing the Eastern Carib route).

She told me she would like to get a massage on our cruise. I've read a few things about the massages that they just try to upsell you and if you don't bite, you get treated poorly.

I haven't really read any *good* massage/spa experiences.

Any experience with this? Is it worth the money? Good birthday gift for my wife?

Thanks.

We waited until the specials were available. We got 3 things for $99 pp. It was a facial, a foot massage, and a back and neck massage. It was very relaxing. They don't try to sell you the products until after the massage is over. We just said no thanks and had no problems.

I work quite a bit, so when I'm on vacation a massage is a must.

We were on RCL last time, and we made an appointment early on a port day. We were in a perfectly relaxed mood, and went unhurriedly off the ship later on.

You should get one.:D(Try it, you'll like it.)

DW and I sometimes get massages simultaneously. Thats a little romantic, too.

No matter where you go for a massage they always try to sell extras because thats where the commision is. I find that if I give them a firm, no thanks its sufficient.

Can you light one up after the massage? Is that allowed in the spa?

This made me snort/ laugh in the very serious icu that I'm working in now.

Great respose, thanks for the chuckle!

What the heck, this really is a thread about something other than smoking, and as a non-smoker I am offended.

I should be aloud to talk about smoking any place I want, after all I have rights, and if I want to talk smoking you non-smoking talkers are not going to stop me!!!!!!

talk smoke on!

Give her the massage yourself. Afterward she may give you the upsell and light you up. :D

Ha! You know, that used to work...but we've been married for almost 13 years now and I think she's wise to my real intentions...;)

I think I may try the couple's massage - although is buying her a birthday present AND myself one at the same time...tacky? LOL.

Archived