DUMB QUESTION for those familiar with Delta Boeing 737-200

natish3000

We will be flying a Delta 737-200 into Miami (Ok, we won't actually be flying it but we'll be riding in it *S*) in May 2005 to cruise the Majesty.

Seatguru.com recommends the next to last row in the back because on one side of the plane there are only two seats as opposed to three throughout the rest of the plane giving you more room.

I'm 6'2" and 260lbs so I need all the room I can get!

I snagged those seats but in looking at the diagram on Seatguru and Delta's site I started wondering if the seats are against the window with more space on the aisle side, or if they are farther away from the window.

We have only flown twice and looking out the window is still novel to us.

Has anyone had these seats before or is anyone familiar enough with the 737-200 to answer this question?

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a Dumb question, but Im wondering why not go with First Class for a big person? When I fly from San Diego to Miami I like to go First Class, 5 hours of space and relaxation. They even give ya Slippers to wear, I say if youre gona pay the big bucks for a cruise, fly in style, for the money that you save in booking excursions yourself and or booking a low price Cabin, First class looks even better. Gone are the days of Sitting crampped for hours.

We will be flying a Delta 737-200 into Miami

Seatguru.com recommends the next to last row in the back because on one side of the plane there are only two seats as opposed to three throughout the rest

I believe the seat is up against the window to allow more room for people going to the lav and the FA's to get into the galley. You do have to be aware that the seats there might not recline.

The flight is only 2 hours so it isn't that big a deal.

We DIDN"T book cheap on the cruise so can't afford first class.

I'm not THAT big to need two seats. It's not like my butt is lapping over the edges.LOL

I'm football player big not obese.

We actually flew on an Embraer 145 on the way back from Miami last year.

These are SMALL planes and I wasn't uncomfotable.

Just figure if the seats in question are a little more roomy for the same price, we may as well take them.

Thanks again.

By the way jcanino, these are second row from the back and seatguru says they do recline.

Thanks for the tip though.

I was kind of figuring that the extra space would be along the aisle. Just can't really tell from the layouts.

I also thought about the lavatory smells but figured if that is a problem the whole plane will get to "enjoy" it with us since the air recirculates anyway.

THanks again

Just figure if the seats in question are a little more roomy for the same price, we may as well take them.
For two people, a row of two is always going to be less cramped than a row of three - unless you can get a row of three with an empty seat in it.

You'll need to watch out for a few things, though:-

1. The aircraft type used for any particular flight is subject to change. And the airlines really do mean that. It could happen without warning on the day of travel. There's nothing you can do about it, except to be psychologically prepared for the possibility.
  2. One downside of being so far back in the aircraft is that it will be noisy.
  3. Another is the time it'll take to disembark - you'll just need patience. My tip would be to stay in your seats until the aircraft is almost empty - you can then just get up and stroll off.

Also, the -200 is the oldest of the planes they use, and most major airlines have been getting rid of them due to their extreme fuel inefficiency. I know it's only 51 days away, but that plane may not be there by then. You never know.

As for buying 3 seats, has anyone tried that lately? The way they oversell flights, I wouldn't be shocked if they just stuck someone in your empty seat anyway.

Archived