Hop on Hop off bus question

lilpepper

I have noticed that there are a couple of different hoho buses running in Barcelona. One is Barcelona City Tours and the other was Barcelona Bus Touristic. Is one preferred over the other? They seem to stop at the same places pretty much so does it all come down to price?

Thanks for any info :D

We used the Bus Touristic. It had the red line, blue line, orange line and we rode all three over the course of 2 days. There were many stops for hopping on and hopping off and was very convenient for sightseeing.

I think the other one conducts tours of the whole city but I am not sure you actually can "hop on and hop off" at your own discretion.

I have noticed that there are a couple of different hoho buses running in Barcelona. One is Barcelona City Tours and the other was Barcelona Bus Touristic. Is one preferred over the other? They seem to stop at the same places pretty much so does it all come down to price?

Thanks for any info :D

All reviews have said to take Bus Touristic (the bus with the comic eye). Reviews have not been good on the other one. We will be in Barcelona in Sept and plan to do the HOHO bus and also do the night tour they offer to see the lights of Barcelona including the magic fountain. If you'd like more info on the night tour, I'd be glad to share what I know.

All reviews have said to take Bus Touristic (the bus with the comic eye). Reviews have not been good on the other one. We will be in Barcelona in Sept and plan to do the HOHO bus and also do the night tour they offer to see the lights of Barcelona including the magic fountain. If you'd like more info on the night tour, I'd be glad to share what I know.

We used Barcelona City Tours this past May. I don't have any basis for comparison with the other company, but have absolutely no complaints about Barcelona City Tours. They offer an east and west route and you are able to do both during the day and ride until I think 8:30PM. You do get earphones to describe key points. You can hop on and off at will. We had no problems and no long waits for the next bus to come along.

Just wanted to add that the cost was around 22 euros pp per day.

Thank you for all of the info. The Bus Touristic was the first one I had gotten info on and then I came across the other one. Thanks Fran but I don't think we'll be taking any night time tours but I'm sure the lights are beautiful.:p

Yes, I would appreciate learning more about their night tour- how would it work with timing, coming back at night to area around Hotel Jazz? Is the ticket part of the same we pay for the day pass?

Thanks for your offer to share that information!

I plan on buying my ticket when I board the bus. When I board the bus for the first time, can I board at any stop or do I have to board and by the ticket at the beginning of the itinerary?

I plan on buying my ticket when I board the bus. When I board the bus for the first time, can I board at any stop or do I have to board and by the ticket at the beginning of the itinerary?

You can board at any stop along the way and purchase your ticket. The ride is unlimited for the duration of the day on Barcelona City Tours. I assume it is the same deal for the other bus.

If you want a two or three day pass you may have to visit the ticket booth. There is one on Playa Catalunya and you can't miss it as there are a dozen buses coming and going at any given time.

Although...............they might be able to sell you one when you get on the bus at any of the stops.

My DW and I will be in Barcelona from 12:00AM until 11:00PM the next day Aug. 19-20). Should we purchase a one day or a two day hop-on-hop-off bus ticket? Thank you.

I would get the two day pass. We did and we spent at least 2-3 hours on the line that goes over to Olympic Stadium. Especially if you get off to see the wonderful views from the mountainside where they had the diving competition or ride the funicular there.

We were there for two and 1/2 days and didn't need a pass for the last day as we were heading for the ship. But the first two days were filled with blue line, red line, and orange line (the beach). We actually rode the whole route first and then started getting off at stops on the second go around for each color line. Parc Guell takes some time, too.

Archived