Kenai Fjords Cruise

tetons

In my opinion it does not matter where you sit you will be moving around in and out as you see wildlife. There is a nesting grounds in the fjords and YES I have been on this tour 4 times and every time saw plenty of puffins.

Yes, you will see whales, seals, sea lions and many different birds, puffins included. Maybe dolphins. You need the 6 hour tour to be sure to see the whales. You will not sit in the same spot. At first the passengers try to get the best seats and will sit as if glued down. Then the boat starts up! It gets rather cold. Then everyone will move around, especially when something is sighted. And you will need to go inside for a while. Don't worry about "getting a good seat"

Yes, you will see whales, seals, sea lions and many different birds, puffins included. Maybe dolphins. You need the 6 hour tour to be sure to see the whales. You will not sit in the same spot. At first the passengers try to get the best seats and will sit as if glued down. Then the boat starts up! It gets rather cold. Then everyone will move around, especially when something is sighted. And you will need to go inside for a while. Don't worry about "getting a good seat"

You "may" see whales and puffins. It is NOT a given on these tours.

I have a lot of experience boating Kenai fjords. You do need at least 6 hours on the water. You do NOT stay in your seat, and wildlife is NOT predictable.

These are varied wildlife tours, there is no guarantee what wildlife you will see, but you will see some.

I have been on over 20 trips, with three this year. No puffins on one trip. Orcas, humpbacks, sea lions on all trips. Dalls porpoises, sea otters on one. Every trip is different. Take what you get.

I also, have 100%, first hand reports, of seeing sick passengers, and certainly did these last three trips as well. IF prone to any motion sickness, take precautions.

Archived