Anyone sail Carnival during the Holidays?

Is it true they deck the halls with boughs of holly? What can I expect from sailing on Christmas? What about the food? Does it change for the holidays? Any Christmas/Holiday shows?

Thank you thank you for answering my questions! And being honest! :D

YES:D The ship is decorated esp. the Promanade and Atrium areas. On the Conquest last Christmas there was a Gingerbread Village on display. A special show was done Christmas Day afternoon (it was a Sea Day) that had all the kids from Camp Carnival, the CD and Staff, the dancers and singers and of course the man in Red! Santa also made visits all over the ship on Christmas Eve it was GREAT! Can't really say we noticed a difference in the food. But everyone including all the crew were happy, smiling and laughing both Christmas Eve and Day. It really was a nice day! :)

YES:D The ship is decorated esp. the Promanade and Atrium areas. On the Conquest last Christmas there was a Gingerbread Village on display. A special show was done Christmas Day afternoon (it was a Sea Day) that had all the kids from Camp Carnival, the CD and Staff, the dancers and singers and of course the man in Red! Santa also made visits all over the ship on Christmas Eve it was GREAT! Can't really say we noticed a difference in the food. But everyone including all the crew were happy, smiling and laughing both Christmas Eve and Day. It really was a nice day! :)

Awesome! Thank you!

I know the crew is worked to the bone and I just wondered what the vibe was onboard. Thought I'd bring a few trinkets of Christmas cheer for my steward/waiters/fave bartenders. Granted, I know the crew chose their career paths but it's hard to be happy all of the time. I'm glad to hear they get excited about Christmas. I heard New Years is waaaaaaay toned down... almost duddy.

Thanks Rock!

I'd not give Christmas gifts to crew because many are not Christian and may find Christmas trinkets a bit offensive. Stick with food gifts or better-money if you want to treat them on holidays. The Christmas week is fun. The decorations are great but then they are up in early Dec too and it's cheaper to cruise then.

Awesome! Thank you!

I know the crew is worked to the bone and I just wondered what the vibe was onboard. Thought I'd bring a few trinkets of Christmas cheer for my steward/waiters/fave bartenders. Granted, I know the crew chose their career paths but it's hard to be happy all of the time. I'm glad to hear they get excited about Christmas. I heard New Years is waaaaaaay toned down... almost duddy.

Thanks Rock!

I was worried about that last year we hadn't sailed for Christmas week before and everything I read was said "the crew is depressed...ect." but we didn't see any of that. Coming out of the Cabin Christmas morning all the Stewards wished us Merry Christmas and all day long it was a festive attitude. I'm sure they miss their families but being on a ship they are kind of a family and take care of each other. And if the passengers are happy and having fun it makes their day better and easier. :) I had some battery operated lights last year and a little 3-d felt tree scene and the cabin steward loved it. Email me and I'll share some photos with you.

Travelled the Carnival Miracle Christmas 2004. Was really nice! Ship was decorated for the season and there was a great Christmas show that had children in it from the passengers.

The Christmas dinner did include an option for turkey etc. Would do it again!

Awesome! Thank you!

Thanks Rock!

I've sailed New Year's 3 times and did not find it duddy at all - but maybe I'm getting old!

I got a kick out of watching some of the officers and staff on deck at midnight drinking champagne, and a couple of them getting romantic - wondered then about shipboard romances!

What my family did not like about sailing at New Year's was trying to watch their football games!! Could not necessarily find the bowl games they wanted to watch.

And just a note on the gift thing - we sailed at Valentine's Day this year, and we were actually in Mexico on that day - I found packages of conversation hearts in Spanish and gave some of the staff those with a $10 bill stuck in the top of the box. (This was a group cruise with a meeting, so we had to deal with AV staff and others.) They all seemed to appreciate that - a couple thanked me for thinking of them since they could not be with their sweetheart that day.

The Main Dining Room has a custom printed menu for Christmas with Turkey Dinner, Ham Dinner, etc. and includes "YulLog" as one of the deserts. If you ask your waiter to save you a copy they will after the last seating meal since they are printed with the Date and Year .............. I've been able to get copies every year for my srap books.

They do one for the New Years Eve dinner also.

Archived