Is this tour really possible?

azseas

We have a island and pearl harbor tour booked for oahu -- below are the stops. Note that the tour does pearl harbor last -- in the afternoon.

On this extensive Oahu Island Tour, you will visit:

Dole Pineapple Pavilion

Diamond Head Crater

Mormon Temple

China Man's Hat

Sunset Beach

Pali Lookout

Waimea Bay

Haleiwa City

Ka’a’awa Valley

Turtle Bay.

Pearl Harbor

The tour time is from 8 am to 4 pm. It seems like this much stuff in this timeframe is kinda impossible? It is through Island Marketing - and I have not been able to find any reviews on this tour or this company (for hawaii -- have found reviews for this company for other islands).

So -- if it sounds too good to be true -- it is. Thoughts?

That sounds like the typical and popular circle island tour offered by many of the tour companies. Some of the sights on the itinerary are just drive-bys for viewing, such as the Mormon Temple and China Man's Hat (which is an unusual shaped island offshore.) If you read the tour description closely, it might distinguish between a "stop" and a "view" of certain sights. And, the island of Oahu is not that big. It is a great way to get an overview of the beautiful island. Enjoy!!

The only thing I question is Pearl Harbor being last. They hand out tickets on a first come first served basis and when they run out, they are gone. Period. Tour companies are not supposed to be able to get tickets in advance unless things have changed. Last time I got there at 9:30 and our tour time was around 12:30 or 1 I think. If you get there in the afternoon, the tickets probably will be gone. I would look into that. They may just be stopping at Pearl Harbor for you to go thru the museum and look around but may not include the film and the ride out to the Arizona memorial. I would check on that to make sure.

We have a island and pearl harbor tour booked for oahu -- below are the stops. Note that the tour does pearl harbor last -- in the afternoon.

On this extensive Oahu Island Tour, you will visit:

Dole Pineapple Pavilion

Diamond Head Crater

Mormon Temple

China Man's Hat

Sunset Beach

Pali Lookout

Waimea Bay

Haleiwa City

Ka’a’awa Valley

Turtle Bay.

Pearl Harbor

The tour time is from 8 am to 4 pm. It seems like this much stuff in this timeframe is kinda impossible? It is through Island Marketing - and I have not been able to find any reviews on this tour or this company (for hawaii -- have found reviews for this company for other islands).

So -- if it sounds too good to be true -- it is. Thoughts?

I checked out their website for this same excursion in December. However, as you stated, I couldn't find anyone (on CC or TripAdvisor) who had used this company in Hawaii.

Someone responded that they did a tour with them in Cozumel but that didn't give me the info I needed. In addition, I didn't like the terms of booking a tour with them. So went a different route.

Well -- we booked -- So -- let's hope for the best and it does say that it includes the film and ride to the memorial when at pearl harbor -- so I am assuming that you stop by for the tickets in the am and go on returning. We did this one as it is the only tour that lets us to PH and the north shore with a pick up time after the ship docks -- all the rest leave at 6 AM --this one leaves at 8 am -- so hope for the best!!! The confirmation says I should look for a Royal Hawaiian Tour bus on arrival at the port. Is tehre a common place that all the non-ship tour buses wait -- it said nothing more than that. THANKS

Excellent!!! All the other tours were leaving at 6 am -- this one leaves 2 hours later and I am able to do it from our cruise ship! We really want to see the north shore!!

We love, love, love the north shore and spent a week at Turtle Bay once; the waves are spectacular! We are cruising to Hawaii again in November and renting a car so we can spend most of our day up there.

Archived