Glory-Port Canaveral

cruzin749

We are considering the Glory in May. My question is, where do you fly into for Port Canaveral? How far is the port from the airport? And what is the recommended mode of transportation to get there? Thanks for all your help!!

Having just sailed the Glory ...

We (party of 2) arrived in Orlando a day early and rented a car at Budget. We did a one way rental and returned the car at Cocoa Beach, which had a shuttle to the ship. This ended up being slightly (like $5-10) more expensive than taking the Carnival/Mears shuttle at $25/person, but we we able to drive around a bit and set more of our own schedule.

We took the Mears shuttle back to the Orlando airport with no real problems except that it takes a bit of time to load and unload. I bought the tickets through the shore excursion TV menu on board, so that was very simple.

I was a bit worried about debarkation because we came into port a few hours late due to high winds in Progresso. Since our flight was at 12:45 and we could carry our own luggage, we did the self-assist. A little after we arrived at Port Canaveral and CD Carlo announced that customs officers were aboard for people to pay taxes to, my friend and I hauled our baggage to the Amber Palace (show room), which was decently full/partially congested by people with bags. After finding a seat and sitting for about 10-15 minutes, I noticed the line start to move with people exiting the ship, so we got up and got in line. We were off the ship and through customs in about 10 minutes ... before any announcements about debarkation for self-assist were even made. Once we made it to the bus to the airport, it was only about half-full, so there was proably another 10 minute wait in the bus for it to fill up, then we were on our way. There was a bit more of a delay at the airport since it simply takes 5-10 minutes to unload all of the bags at each terminal. We were off the ship at probably 9:30 and in line at the airport (Northwest, 2nd terminal) by 11 ... and again, this was with the ship running a few hours behind.

Now, we had some friends on our flight who did not go to the debarkation talk and did not realize that they could carry their own luggage off. They just used their regualr stateroom tags and didn't even to to the information desk to get "early flight" tags. These people did not make the plane.

You can also arrange for a car service to meet you at the airport and transport you to the ship. The same driver will then meet the ship and take you back to MCO. Around $150 round trip is the going rate plus a tip. Decent deal if you have 4 people in your group and no waiting for a bus to fill up or multiple airline stops.

• 2 weeks later...

I came back from a cruise last month. I flew into Melborne Fl. I called the airport and they had a van waiting for us to go to our hotel or would have taken us to the ship but we went a day early. The coast was $17.00 to our hotel. From the hotel in Cocoa Beach the coast was $3.00 per person to the ship. Have a great time:)

We have cruised out of Port Canaveral 5 times. The first four we used the Mears transportation provide by Carnival. It is $50pp round trip.

The last time we used Florida Town Car service ( I think this is allowed as I have seen other posters recently post such things...if not please just omit the car company and not the entire post...) It was 150 round trip. The driver will meet you in the baggage area at the airport and help you with your luggage. When you debark, he is there waiting for you. This was very convenient for only 50 dollars more...no waiting for the bus to fill up and a little more leg room. If the name of the town car service is omited from this post...just look up Florida transportation in the search area. I hope this helps.

We're renting a car from Budget in Orlando and dropping at Cocoa Beach for $36 - full size car. Cheaper than the Mears shuttle plus we'll have a car for the day before our cruise which will be nice since our hotel near the airport isn't close to much. I was very skeptical about renting a car but have traveled to Orlando before and we thought it was very well marked and quite easy to get around Disney, etc. We'll take the Mears shuttle back to the airport on our way home.

We always stay the night before the cruise at The Radisson resort at the port in cocoa beach. The cruise package include FREE parking and a FREE shuttle to and from the cruise terminals. Its soooooo easy this way

We always stay the night before the cruise at The Radisson resort at the port in cocoa beach. The cruise package include FREE parking and a FREE shuttle to and from the cruise terminals. Its soooooo easy this way

how much does that run for a room. we have 2 adults, 3 children. do they have any suites? We are going with a large group, so if they had 2 BR suites, maybe 2 families could stay together (would they allow 2 free parking with 2 families in 1 suite?)

Archived